cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boa au negative report on my credit report

tag
LessThanZero

boa au negative report on my credit report

Hello everyone I have a question not too long ago my wife credit was better than mine so I was put as a au on her boa card.  I checked my report to see a closed negative account on my credit report do to me being a au on her boa card.  I have called them up to day and spoke to collection and they told me that they couldn't remove it so I have schedule to have them to start taking money out my checking account to pay off the debt.  The question I have is when I pay if off and I might do it buy next month will they take that negative closed account off my record.  P.S I tried to see if I could have her account reopen but due to her credit being lower than before I was unsuccessful.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: boa au negative report on my credit report

I believe since you just an AU you can just ask her to take you off the account and dispute that account as you are not legally responsible for that debt.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Have her begin by contacting BOA and requesting that they immediately remove you as an AU and delete the entire AU account.

That will result at the very least in update of the AU to show that the AU is terminated.

I have read articles stating that BOA will often refuse to also report deletion of any prior reporting, and will sometimes only discontinue any further reporting on the AU.

Should that occur, then I would attempt removal by way of disputing as account not mine.

Message 3 of 4
LessThanZero

Thank you all for the feedback.  I have since had my wife remove me from her account as au.  I still have it set up where I pay it every month and will eventually pay off her account.  I just didn't want that negative account on my credit report.  Thanks again for the help saved me alot of stress.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.