Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bogus fabco reporting on just experian report

tag
Crunchyroll
Established Member

bogus fabco reporting on just experian report

hey, im sorry for the multitude of postings lately, I pulled my credit reports the other day and that explains the mass of questions.. lol

I immediately disputed a collecton from FABCO, for an apartment that is listed under my name that i have no recollection of.
they sent me a letter today asking me to call their office immdiately!
yeah right...

ive typed up a DV letter and have it ready to post CMRR but before i do that i want to cross my Ts and dot my Is.

why on earth are they sending me a letter asking me to contact them if i have disputed the debt via experian? i thought they had to validate before they could do that.

whats my next step? send the DV?

thank you all for being so helpful
what a wonderful community here Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bogus fabco reporting on just experian report

@Crunchyroll wrote:

hey, im sorry for the multitude of postings lately, I pulled my credit reports the other day and that explains the mass of questions.. lol

I immediately disputed a collecton from FABCO, for an apartment that is listed under my name that i have no recollection of.
they sent me a letter today asking me to call their office immdiately!
yeah right...

ive typed up a DV letter and have it ready to post CMRR but before i do that i want to cross my Ts and dot my Is.

why on earth are they sending me a letter asking me to contact them if i have disputed the debt via experian? i thought they had to validate before they could do that.

whats my next step? send the DV?

thank you all for being so helpful
what a wonderful community here Smiley Happy

Sounds like a dunning notice was sent, triggered by the dispute. Nothing improper about that. Does the notice have the standard "you have 30 days to dispute" statement on it?

If they validate after your DV, and you know it is not your debt at all, then use FCRA 605B ID Theft provision to get it removed.

Message 2 of 6
Crunchyroll
Established Member

thank you !

see thats the odd thing,  it didnt look like a typical dunning notice at all.

it says verbatim,

CALL OUR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT!!!

typed not signed by fabco aka Federal Adjustment Bureau, Inc

at the top there was some account information and a debt amount and my name. no "you have 30 days to request validation of this debt" and the typical dunning letter verbatim.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crunchyroll wrote:

thank you !

see thats the odd thing,  it didnt look like a typical dunning notice at all.

it says verbatim,

CALL OUR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT!!!

typed not signed by fabco aka Federal Adjustment Bureau, Inc

at the top there was some account information and a debt amount and my name. no "you have 30 days to request validation of this debt" and the typical dunning letter verbatim.

Well, CA's ALWAYS want you to call because when they have you on the phone its much easier to get you to agree to pay them. It would certainly count as "first contact" and they are legally required to send a formal dunning notice within five days.

Message 4 of 6
Crunchyroll
Established Member

Thank you! So I should go ahead and send my DV letter ASAP?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might as well.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.