Contributor
fezwhy

bouncing back after foreclosure

I have slowly been recovering from foreclosure of my first and 2nd mortgage back in 2007. I had also cosigned on a student loan from sally mae which tanked my credit as well. My credit score went from 760 down to below 500. My credit history goes back 12 years. My fico score is around the 660s. I have only ever had the 1 credit card. But no auto loans or other loans of any kind. I am a little confused on what to next. I would like to buy a house but im not sure if I should wait til next year when my foreclosures pass the 7 year mark or if I will qualify now. As for the foreclosures and student loan the all say charged off . The foreclosed account's show 0 balance. The student loan says 14.5k with over 5k due. I rent and have no monthly payments other than my cell phone. My monthly income is 3200.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}