Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bouncing back and it feels great!!

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: bouncing back and it feels great!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Makes sense. Also I have one CO that appeared on my account from 2010, should worry about this and pay it off or not worth going though the hassle

If this is updating monthly you want to try the PFD and if that is not successful then settle it so it stops updating. The updating keeps your Fico depressed.

Here you will find some examples of PFD letters:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CO off says last reported date of 10/2011. Just showing on my report as a CO still
Message 12 of 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The CO off says last reported date of 10/2011. Just showing on my report as a CO still

I would leave it alone then at this point.

Message 13 of 31
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Paid my util down to 3% from 48% and TU score went from 688 to 743.

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excited to hear all these possibilities. I'm really hoping my score changes drastically with the 2 baddies paid and my uti down to at least 9%
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep up the good work.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just paid my last of two baddies all in the last two weeks. Paying my credit card down today but still be above the 9% mark. Probably around 15% or so. What kind of increase should I be expecting?
Message 17 of 31
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Why not go for another Cap 1 card if your in good with them already? Worse case scenario you get denied and get approval on recon. Especially if your baddies are all paid and your utilization is where it's at now. Garden the Cap 1s for awhile and then go for other prime cards Smiley Happy. Which Cap 1 card do you currently have? I got the QS1 mid Jan and managed to squeeze $20 out of the 1.5% back In less than a month! I used it for every expense I had and usually use debit for then immediately paid it once it cleared. That way when my CLI comes around if it's low I can recon for a much higher limit due to how much I run through it Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the capital one platinum. My initial limit was only a laughable $300 but they raised it to $1800 some time last year. I'm going to request an increase of $5,000 once I pay it down to 9%. I don't expect them to give me that but hoping they'll agree and settle with $3k.
I travel a lot so I'm eyeing the Capital One Venture card but I think thats still out of reach with my current score which rose 10 points today to 645 Smiley Happy
Those baddies still haven't cleared yet but was told it should I appear after the 20th. If not I will be calling the credit bureau to make it happen.
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excited!! So j have paid NY credit utilization down 15% (it'll be under 9% next billing cycle) paid all my collections and it feels pretty damn good. I've jumped over 50 points in the last two months and finally pulled the trigger on refinancing my car as its sitting at 7.4%
Well.. They pulled my EX and came in at 682 along with an approval at 4%!! Very happy but was hoping in the 3% range. Any who, I also pulled the on a visa from from CU from first bank of Omaha. They pulled my EQ 692 and it says they need to review my account. Feel hopeful but we'll see.
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.