Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I be this lucky. seriously.

tag
katiecakes
Established Member

can I be this lucky. seriously.

So I have an old collection from GE, a care credit card I used for medical reasons and I defaulted on back in 08. This past november, I got a summons from the CA that took over, suing me for around 4,000. I contacted them and worked out a deal to prevent a judgment, its not much but I pay them 75 bucks a month. My payments started in February.

Now I notice that the OC, (never charged off either) is off my credit report and the CA isn't reporting either! My public record, which was also definately reporting, is also gone. My TU went from 600 to 642. My fico went from 601 to 630.

Has this ever happened to any of you? For no reason at all? It definately WAS reporting before and it definately hasn't aged long enough to fall off.

So can I be that lucky? Or should I watch my back....will it reappear ya think??!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
qd
Regular Contributor

Re: can I be this lucky. seriously.

That is awesome...it is nice when GOOD things happen like this instead of what usually happens. 

Message 2 of 10
katiecakes
Established Member

Yes, it is awesome but it makes me nerveous also for some reason. I am not ready to celebrate just yet because I've never heard of something disappearing like that when I've read posts about ppl going through hell to get PAID collections removed without luck. I cant imagine the payment plan causing everything to delete. Time will tell I guess!

Message 3 of 10
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

thats awesome Smiley Happy some collections just want their money and when they get it they stop reporting and some (portfolio) take some work to get rid off! Congrats !!

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 4 of 10
katiecakes
Established Member

Wow, this is unbelievable, I really thought it was too good to be true.

From the bottom of my heart, I honestly owe it all to this forum. When I started the road to fixing my credit, my score was a pathetic 474!! When I recieved the summons, I was so overwhelmed I almost let the judgment happen. It was the members of this community that convinced me to stop the judgment however I could. And now this!! Thanks to everyone in this community, what a godsend  you all are. Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Great job katiecakes!!!!! Keep it up!!! Community Leaders get 20 points each from you!!!! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
katiecakes
Established Member

Haha, this is funny and sad at the same time! I spoke way too soon....got an alert last night that a new derogatory item hit all my reports. And it is Calvary Portfolio Recovery after all. Wow, my score has been steadily rising and now has taken a 30 point hit. I can only blame myself for jinxing it by posting this!! Oh well, guess I'm back to the drawing board...

Message 7 of 10
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

Who do you make your monthly payment to? Calvery?

Message 8 of 10
katiecakes
Established Member

I assume. My credit report states payment agreement began in Feb, which is true, and that I am making monthly payments, also true.

I am trying REALLY hard not to let this discourage me. I definately don't need new credit, I have six cc's that I'm working on paying down balances. I just finished paying off a car loan. I won't be house shopping anytime soon, until I'm done with college. So....guess I just have to keep on keepin on....

Message 9 of 10
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

I would verify who I am making payments to. I do not believe Calvery can report that same collection if you are already in a payment arrangment with another CA. Do not quote me on that though. However, I think if you are making payments to one, that the other has no bearing to attempt to collect.

If you are paying Calvery, and its only one CA, then I apologize for being confused by your post.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.