Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can mortgage late payments be disputed and how long does late payments show

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

can mortgage late payments be disputed and how long does late payments show

I'm like 2008 I got a letter from Ocwen Mortgage stating my mortgage was being increased from like 800 a month up to 1300 a month because they forgot to collect escrow for like 3-4 years and they wanted it all back in 12 months. So my first payment that I mailed was for 600 because I didn't know about the increase at first. So I was 30 days late. Then I got behind a month but was paying the 1300, but kept getting 30 or 60 day lates. 5 total then I caught up and then modified and paid perfect for like a year. Then in January 2012 I got a 30 day late, because they said it was late. I paid there tape machine well in advanced. The machine said I paid it on the 26th, and the operator said they got it the first. 6 lates all together 5 almost 4 yrs old, 1 is 2 yrs old. 24 straight perfect. How long do creditors see the lates, and I really was not late 2 yrs ago, and the older ones were late but they raised my payment 500 out of the blue. Can they be disputed. Ocwen is a ripoff anyway. Account is in my wife's name and in trying to fix her credit. Ty.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can mortgage late payments be disputed and how long does late payments show

My credit was in the 400's less than 2 yrs ago. Now it's in the mid 600's and climbing. Just gotta 5000 chase card, a barclays card, and a capitol one. This forum has helped me immensely. Ty. Now it's time to fix the wife's credit.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.