Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap one can really be stupid at times

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Re: cap one can really be stupid at times

Is it safe Northface? Or would the better option be a certified ck?

Message 11 of 16
northface28
Established Contributor

Umm, I really dont know. This is where having multiple bank accounts is handy, if you afraid some unsavory people may be on the other end, you can give the debit card/check from an acct you keep very little money in. Cashier check or money order may do the trick.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 12 of 16
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

well....the story continues:: called the ca who is handeling my acct w/ cap one. They can no longer take my payment because they are  not licensed to collect in the state Im now in (we moved a year ago) they were not aware. Told me nothing they could do for me to call CapOne back, so I did. I spoke with the same person, and told her exactly what this CA had told me....well, you would have thought I gave her a box of toothpicks and asked her to build a spaceship!!! She said she wasnt sure what to do, that Cap one would call me back tommorrow with an answer....OMG!! Why cant these folks just take my money??They have no problem reporting  me late every 30 days (and have been for the last year....guess they didnt know I moved either...geeze!!  I am so ready to file a complaint!!! Meanwhile, the first of the month is rolling around the corner, as they decide what to do.....Sometimes people have more money than sense!!

Message 13 of 16
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

anyone have any suggestions on what to do next???

Message 14 of 16
crrredit
Established Contributor

Talk to someone else at Capital One. You might want to go straight to the EO on this one. I'm sure their number is floating around on these forums somewhere. Maybe just call and ask for a supervisor. Maybe call the CA back and see if they will call Capital One or give you a contact name that they deal with. They can't collect on you, but they still have a working relationship with Capital One.

Message 15 of 16
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Sad thing is....I was talking with three (3) different people from EO....and noone had a clue....it leaves very little room for hope Smiley Sad(

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.