Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap one charge off

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

cap one charge off

hello my fellow re builders!  I have a cap one question.  i have a charged off account for $1350. original limit was $1000. my question is, what's the benefit of paying in full vs settled for less than amount owed?  More specifically, how do future credit issuers view this?  My ultimate goal is to stain a mortgage for investment real estate. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in Advance!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: cap one charge off

I think most people would recommend a pay for deletion type of offer if you can get it. (As that would be the most helpful to your score.) Have you tried to do this?
Message 2 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

i have not tried a pfd.  I wished the charge off was NOT with cap one. From what i have heard, it takes a miracle of God to get them to remove anything!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

any takers? Just want to know if mortgage companies will look at paid for less than amount owed more negatively, or the same as paid in full...

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paid for less than the full amount informs others that, in the past, you did not fully pay debt that you obligated.

From the perspective of a potential creditor, it is a prior pattern than, if repeated, would result in a loss in dealing with you.

That would, in my opinion, always be a negative factor with any potential creditor.

Message 5 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Thank youforyour thoughts!
This is exactly the type of input i was looking for.

Message 6 of 8
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Ive also got a cap one CO...although cap one still OWNS it....called today to PIF and was stold to contact CA, called CA and was told to contact some attorneys office....what gives??? What if I just send my certified check to the Cap One address on my CR?  Would they accept it???

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

hello my fellow re builders!  I have a cap one question.  i have a charged off account for $1350. original limit was $1000. my question is, what's the benefit of paying in full vs settled for less than amount owed?  More specifically, how do future credit issuers view this?  My ultimate goal is to stain a mortgage for investment real estate. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in Advance!

Trying to decipher this gave me a headache.... The original post was in some weird font.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.