Contributor

cap1 secured

Applied last night was denied
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Re: cap1 secured

me too!!!!!! I feel your pain.. like cap one is the very first card i ever had when i was 18 and messed it up.. but i paid it in full years and years ago.... so i applied last year denied and this year after i had 10 derogs deleted.... there are still  many c/o's and CO accounts stay reporting for me.. i have about 10 baddies remaining but on whogavemecredit.com i saw people still getting approved.. so i tried and denied & just recd letter in mail today  Smiley Sad

The reasons were too many inquiries, new open cc account (just did a secured with NFCU but they are giving me a hard time about membership through my deceased grandfather) and lastly length of cc history.. i have a open loan never late from 2009.. i got denied secured and unsecured.. now my hubby before we got married ( i did NOT want to have to inherit that debt) filed BK and he owed them 4,000 YET he was approved for a card instantly no more than 4 months later.. NOT FAIR Smiley Sad  i did a recon though.. hopefully will know by next week.. im afraid they will dig deeper and change denial reason to the baddies tho as opposed to those 3 stupid things in the letter.. grrrhhh

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

A lot of my COs and CAs and late auto payments stemmed from relationships with the ones looking for the green
Message 3 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

Lesson Learned I guess
Message 4 of 10
lesse
Frequent Contributor

YIKES! def lessons learned Smiley Happy

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

Will be working on a USAA secured
Message 6 of 10
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I got denied too :/ Feels horrible getting denied for a SECURED card. Grr...

Message 7 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

Thinking once I get SLs out of default it will make a huge difference
Message 8 of 10
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Add me to the " got denied group" too.....
Message 9 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

Cap 1 is a tough one. My end goal is an unsecured from chase
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.