cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one chat GW....SUCCESS?!?!

tag
mschangy

capital one chat GW....SUCCESS?!?!

so i just read a post that you can use cap one chat to GW them... I had one 30 day late in Oct 2012. The rep said that he would "put in a request to the credit bureaus to see if it can be changed" and to wait 60 to 90 days for it to report...originally he said he was just going to dispute. I told him I was not disputing, just asking for a gesture of GW...he then changed his wording to the above. I have the chat log printed...so what do you all think?? Is this a removal or is he just going to dispute as he originally said? He seemed to have changed his tone when I said I wasn't disputing or denying the late payment.......

what do you all think??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: capital one chat GW....SUCCESS?!?!

I can't see the chat log.....maybe it's just me.
Message 2 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@mschangy wrote:

so i just read a post that you can use cap one chat to GW them... I had one 30 day late in Oct 2012. The rep said that he would "put in a request to the credit bureaus to see if it can be changed" and to wait 60 to 90 days for it to report...originally he said he was just going to dispute. I told him I was not disputing, just asking for a gesture of GW...he then changed his wording to the above. I have the chat log printed...so what do you all think?? Is this a removal or is he just going to dispute as he originally said? He seemed to have changed his tone when I said I wasn't disputing or denying the late payment.......

what do you all think??

Hi mschangy, and welcome to the forums!!!!!  CRA's have no say so on the lates. they just receive information from the creditors. The OC is the one that says we can remove the lates and sends the updated information to the CRA's. He didn't know what he was doing or talking about.

Message 3 of 5
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Sounds to me like this was a chat with the OC, not a CA...
Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 4 of 5
mschangy

yes it was! And I also wrote a letter and got a call from the executive office in response...but they wont help me with a GW

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.