Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one goodwill

tag
rhall2009
Contributor

capital one goodwill

Is it normal for capital one to make it seem like you are disputing your own account if you just asked them for a good will? Long story short i have one 30 day late over the last 3.5 years ive had the card. i asked for a goodwill removal and they happily agreed. well a month has went by and i got an alert from equifax saying i am disputing the account and dropped me 3 points. Just wondering if anyone else has had that experience?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one goodwill

Yes, I had this EXACT thing happen to me.  I even printed the online chat discussion out where I SPECIFICALLY clarified that this was a "goodwill adjustment" and "NOT as dispute" and was assured of that.  Lo and behold, it showed up later as a dispute.  Since I still have the account open, I am now trying to get a CLI so I am not fussing at them about it yet, but I am REALLY ticked that they mislead me about that.  Unfortuantely, this card is a $5k limit, my largest (and always paid off to zero) otherwise I would be leaving this one be a lot more and using another to build up better credit.

Message 2 of 3
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one goodwill

I had this happen with Amex.  I sent a GW letter to their EO, very politely asking to have one 30-day late from over two years ago removed.  They ended up putting a comment on my TL of all three CRA's stating something like "Dispute resolved - Consumer Disagree's".   I was able to call them and have the dispute comments removed, but sure cray that they did that in the first place.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.