Did you mean: 

capital one settled account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one settled account

I called capital one yesterday,about a settled account

this will fall off of my account oct 2010

the lady told me if i sent the balance 200.00 they would mark it as paid in full and take settled off

I asked her if she would goodwill the lates, she said capital one does not do that the lates will stay

I dont remember me or my husband setteling this account.  I asked for the first deliquncy date, she did not have it handy 

I will get in writing first before i send any money 

there are 4 accounts that say settled in 2005,  i didnt have any money in 2005 

fingerhut,hsbc,sears,capital 

I sent disputes to 

so far hsbc changed the status as paid as agreed, but left settled in comment my score went up 4 points with that

the lates were in 2004

will getting it changed from bad debt/collection to paid in full  and leaving the lates will that help my score or should i just let it go until it falls over oct 2010

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: capital one settled account

That's a nice gesture on their end, to change settled to PIF. Score-wise, IMO, it probably won't help. FICO reads the most recent delinquency, which is the "settled" status. However, chances are you had a severe late the month of or the month prior to settling, if this was a CO'd acct. Therefore, the most recent late becomes the most severe. A one-month difference probably won't help your score. However, on manual review, it may or may not make a difference. YMMV.

If I was in that situation, I'd probably go for it and take what I can get.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one settled account

I disputed with all three credit reports and they all three came back verified

but, all credit reports have different amounts and different dates

so, they all cant be right

don't know if i should send capital one a letter and ask them how they verifed 3 different dates and amounts or dispute again with the credit reports

the sol is expired,  I am 99 percent sure the first late was over 7 1/2 years ago so it should already be off the credit reports

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.