Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car finance company reporting wrong

tag
elcarmom
Valued Member

car finance company reporting wrong

We filed for chapter 7 bk in april 2011 dischrged in aug 2011.. I have slowly started disputing some things.  We have had a car loan which we didn't file on and have never been one day late has been opened since feb 2010.. They were reporting on my credit it was included in bk i disputed.... does anyone know once they correct it will that impact positive or negetive on my fico... it is showing under adverse accounts now

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: car finance company reporting wrong

A car loan that was paid on time and no lates reported to the CRA's, will report as a postive item.Smiley Wink

Good Luck to You, and let us know what happens.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

The problem is not whether it is reporting negatively or possitively, but that they are reporting it was included in the bk when it really wasnt. 

I am really unsure what to tell you

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP,

If you'd like, I can move this to the BK forum.

You might get some pretty helpful responses over there - with lots of folks who have filed BK and worked through how various accounts show on their CR's.  Let me know and I'd be glad to move it.

Message 4 of 5
elcarmom
Valued Member

all your posts are helpful.... keeping my fingers crossed and i am sure it will be fixed it is correct on my husbands.. I will keep everyone posted

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.