cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cc's only reporting to one cra???????????????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cc's only reporting to one cra???????????????

first i want to thank everyone on here, with you all being so helpful ive manage to clear all but one baddie off of my report i have gotten  some small bumps last few months 4 to 5 points per month until this month 45 points from tu last week and today my cap1 and creditone cc started reporting for the frist time eq jumped 54 points...excited about that problem is thats the only one they reported to, am i jumping the gun do they report differently ie. different days i havent owned a cc in 12 years so all this is still pretty new, one more question my util was about 15% should i shoot for lower or am i ok at 15 i only use the creditone card for gas and pay off right away,  i use my cap1 daily and keep the balance low...any advice or help is always greatly appreciated thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: cc's only reporting to one cra???????????????

@Anonymous wrote:

first i want to thank everyone on here, with you all being so helpful ive manage to clear all but one baddie off of my report i have gotten  some small bumps last few months 4 to 5 points per month until this month 45 points from tu last week and today my cap1 and creditone cc started reporting for the frist time eq jumped 54 points...excited about that problem is thats the only one they reported to, am i jumping the gun do they report differently ie. different days i havent owned a cc in 12 years so all this is still pretty new, one more question my util was about 15% should i shoot for lower or am i ok at 15 i only use the creditone card for gas and pay off right away,  i use my cap1 daily and keep the balance low...any advice or help is always greatly appreciated thanks

Keep your balance between 1-9% on only one card if possible. You can use as many cards as you like but pay them all off in full before the statement cut date except one, and have that one between 1-9% - then after the statement cut date (after it reports), pay that one off in full before the due date so as not to incur any interest. Next billing cycle just start all over...

Regrding the reporting, rather than guessing, just call the creditor and ask, it takes 2 minutes - who do you report to and what is the report date (it'll be the date your statement cuts).

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tufa4311 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep your balance between 1-9% on only one card if possible. You can use as many cards as you like but pay them all off in full before the statement cut date except one, and have that one between 1-9% - then after the statement cut date (after it reports), pay that one off in full before the due date so as not to incur any interest. Next billing cycle just start all over...

Regrding the reporting, rather than guessing, just call the creditor and ask, it takes 2 minutes - who do you report to and what is the report date (it'll be the date your statement cuts).

To clarify here - you only need to keep the Statement Balance at the <9% level. The rest of the month the balance can be as high as its limit allows, as long as payments are made to bring it down before the statement date.

OP, I would suggest apping for a second Cap One card, and getting rid of Predator One as soon as possible.

Message 3 of 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

it just means that the other 2 CRAs haven't updated, or if you're getting your notifications from myFico monitoring, then myFico hasn't updated their crawl of your EX  & TU reports.   Cap 1 reports to all 3, of that you can rest assured.  I'm not familiar with CreditOne.

Congrats on the bump(s)!

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys will Def shoot for under 9 percent...I was thinking of applying for a qs1 got a prequal last week but wanted to wait for my current cards to report...I don't use creditone for anything but gas and pay off right away..but I learned the hard way only allowed 4 payments per month which is why it reported with a balance at all...so not feeling the love lol
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks guys will Def shoot for under 9 percent...I was thinking of applying for a qs1 got a prequal last week but wanted to wait for my current cards to report...I don't use creditone for anything but gas and pay off right away..but I learned the hard way only allowed 4 payments per month which is why it reported with a balance at all...so not feeling the love lol

Yeah, once you start getting better cards like Capital One, its time to put Predator One out of your misery. App for the QS1, and then App for the Platinum card, and kick Predator One to the curb.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.