Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cel-e-brate good times!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cel-e-brate good times!

LOL! I'm in a very good mood today!  a few weeks ago I applied for a first premier credit card. Yeah, trust me I know BIG MISTAKE!!! 59.9% interest!!! WOW! BUT in all fairness, I'm the one who screwed My credit up so bad, so if I have to pay that high of an interest rate to help rebuild, then I'll do it. it took a $25 application fee that I had to pay, before I got My final approval. (money grubbing jerks) then My $75 annual fee was charged to the card first. (which again, My mistakes, I'll pay for them) anyways! I just checked My credit report on the website that I use (with the catchy little ditties on their commercials) and updated My report about an hour ago. My first premier credit card is now being reported (yay! That was one thing hurting My score, was NO open credit cards) it shows I have a balance of $75 and a credit limit of $300. (which with that interest rate and everything I've learned about how stupid I used to be, I probably won't be using it unless there is an EXTREME emergency that I need it for) My score went up 17 points!!! :-) all because of a credit card being added?

more good news? Sure I have some! RJM deleted their account off My credit report and AES changed their status to no longer dealing with My account, in good standing.

at the beginning of this year, I was clueless as to what I needed to do to repair and rebuild My credit. Thanks to everyone on this site, I'm on My way. I'm still not above My poor category or high risk, but I'm moving up. I started with a score of 549 in January and I'm up to 586 now, in December. Exactly 11 months later. My main goal is just to get to the low risk category on the numbers scales (which is what? About 650/700? Not real sure, I just know I want out of the 500's!!!!

Thanks again to everyone for all your help and advice!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: cel-e-brate good times!

Ouch on those annual fees - interest rate is irrelevant if you don't have to pay it! 

I'd make sure there was some activity just to keep it reporting and to keep it from being closed due to inactivity.  I personally monitor my balances through mint.com - the cards I don't really use have monthly things billed to them which I pay off as soon as the balance shows up.  I use my Chase card for most of my purchases every month to earn cash back and so that I can keep track of my budgeting via mint. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
william23
Regular Contributor

Re: cel-e-brate good times!

I have a First Premier too and trust me I can't complaint it helped me a lot. Congrats!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.