Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

central financial control reporting wrong

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

central financial control reporting wrong

I have a collection listed on all 3 of my credit reports under central financial control thats reporting now as paid for less then the full balance. I paid the balance in full about 3 months ago and I have the letter to prove it. I called them last week cause the collection was reporting open on 2 credit bureaus and closed on the other and now it says paid for less then the full balance.  Do I have grounds to file a cfpb compliant against them? I've called them serveral times on the other issue and now this. Also they are now reporting as collection as of june 2016 and it went into collections in 2013.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: central financial control reporting wrong

The CFPB is recourse once normal avenues have been pursued and it is then asserted that a party is not complying with the FCRA or FDCPA.

In the case of inaccurate credit reporting, the FCRA provides for correction by way of disputes.

inaccurte reporting is not, per se, a violation of hte FCRA.

You should first file a formal dispute, thus requring the furnisher to conduct a reasonable investigation and verify or correct prior to filing a complaint with the CFPB asserting lack of compliance with the CFPB.

Message 2 of 7
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I called them back this past week and they are sending me another paid in full letter which I can forward to the credit bureaus. I did try to have the credit bureaus investigate it again but it wouldn't allow me too online. so I will have to send in the letter when I get it.
Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

That is not proper procedure.

The party who reports has the obligation to update their own reporting when necessary to reflect its current accuracy.  FCRA 623(a)(2).

The CRAs do not normally update reporting of a furnisher based on input from a consumer.

Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Robert is right. There is no reason they should not be updating this themselves, based on the info you have provided. I'd get bsck in.contsct with them, and be a bit stern in pushing them to update in immediately.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I was able to dispute it with transunion but the other 2 bureaus would allow me to dispute again. I'm not sure what the outcome will be.  I also went ahead and filed a bbb compliant against them as I'm tired of dealing with them. I did call them back and they just told me to send the letter to the credit bureaus and that their not updating the account anymore. I'm hoping they will just go ahead and delete it from my file.

Message 6 of 7
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

update: I was finally able to get this account deleted off all three credit bureaus after BBB complaint filed against them. Thanks 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.