Contributor

certified funds

What is the typical cost for this
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Re: certified funds

you asking the cost of purchasing a cashier's check or money order?

if so, will be face value of tender plus fee. money order fee 1.00ish or less, cashier's check 3.00-10.00ish i would say.

Message 2 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

Whats easier to track
Message 3 of 10
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

hhmmm tbh i havent used one in awhile other than my bank's cashiers checks.

check out moneygram (walmart) and western union money orders, see if they can be tracked on the website the same way youd track mail at usps site.

Message 4 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

I used money gram for truck payments and funds are intstant
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wiring money can be quite expensive but is typically instantaneous as you pointed out. Money orders and cashiers checks are basically tracked in the same manner: when was it cashed, etc etc. if you're looking for tracking as in delivery notification then USPS with delivery confirmation would offer that option. I prefer to stick with a cashiers check or money order issued by my bank. Each bank varies: mine offers Cashiers checks for $5.00 and money orders for $3.00. The cashiers check: I can receive a front/back copy of the cancelled check which displays all pertinent deposit tracking info. Not so on the money order - only the date "redeemed". It's a user-preference kind of thing.
Message 6 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

Money gram is about 5 if under 100
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check pricing with your bank on the money orders and such. Out of curiosity, I just checked mine: if under $100 then no charge on money orders and only $3 for the cashiers check
Message 8 of 10
chevyman
Contributor

OK never thought of going to my bank
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my bank and credit union for everything. If there's ever a question or issue I march right on in, smile, and they say "oh hey it's you! What up??"
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.