Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chances of chase with chargeoff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chances of chase with chargeoff

Hello.my scores increased within the last 3 months with addition of a couple of credit cards and containing balances. My current scores are

TU 688 EQ 676 EX 672

I had been trying chase preapprovals for more than a year and never got any. Now..i am being preapproved for the freedom and slate.

My question is..what are my chances given i have a chargeoff with chase 8 years ago?i really want to get in with chase again and was wondering how accurate their preapproval is.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: chances of chase with chargeoff

I got preapproval for Freedom and Slate with COs still on my report, but they were not with Chase. My scores were 30-40 points below where yours are now. I went for and got the Freedom with a decent CL. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Do you know which burea they pulled?

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you receive a pre-approval offer that resulted from their obtaining your name from a listing provided by the CRA (via the so-called promotional inquiry process of FCRA 604(c)), then the offer is a firm offer for credit, as defined under the FCRA.

If their offer states that it is being made as a result of your name being provided to them in a listing from a CRA, it is a firm offer for credit.

FCRA 603(l) provides that:

"The term "firm offer of credit or insurance" means an offer of credit or insurance to a consumer that will be honored if the consumer is determined, base on information in a consumer report on the consumer, to meet the specific criteria used to select the consumer for the offer, except that the offer be further conditinal on on......."

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.