Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge off not reporting accurately

tag
fwill5rn
New Contributor

charge off not reporting accurately

Hello everyone on myfico forums.

I was reviewing my CR and on the "what hurting my score page", i noticed that I had 124% of revolving credit that is affecting my score.  So I looked at the accounts individually and realized that my credit cards have been charged off but the OC's are still reporting balances.  Shouldn't the CCC's be reporting  $0.  if they've been sold to a CA?  Should I call the CCC and request they send updated info to the CRA to reflect a zero balance?    

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: charge off not reporting accurately

They should be reporting a 0 balance if they state sold/transferred to another lender.

Message 2 of 5
fwill5rn
New Contributor

Hi Guiness!!!!

Thanks for the quick response!!!   They are reporting Charge off but I don't think they're reporting sold or transferred.  Should I call the OC and ask them to update?  If they do update, will that help my fico score?

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they don't say sold/transferred, they still own the debt and can list a balance.

You need to contact them and find out if they own the debt or not.

It could if they don't own the debt and the CL and balance was being reported. 

Message 4 of 5
fwill5rn
New Contributor

Thanks for the input.  I called them today and both creditors stated the accounts have been sold.  I will call them again tomorrow and request they send updated info to CRA.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.