Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge off's with $0 balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

charge off's with $0 balance

Should I be doing anything with CO's that show a $0 balance? I have 2 that are listed below...only one of them is showing with a CA right now

CapOne Charge Off -- DOFD 12/11 Balance $0 showing sold to CA @ $454. Since this is showing on the revolving accts page does this still effect my score?
CapOne Charge Off -- DOFD 11/11 Balance $0 showing sold to CA @ $524. Same thing will this effect my score since its in the revolving accts page?

Should I GW or DV them? Are they hurting my scores?

Equifax: 521
Transunion: 540
Experian: 554

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: charge off's with $0 balance

A charge off is a major derogatory item on your credit report, and it will be detrimental for the entire time it shows on the report. I'd GW them and see what happens. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are held by a CA now can I still GW them? I'm working on a PFD but one is with Portfolio recovery which is gonna be a pain.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was US Bank Charge Off, and until friggin PRA was paid off, it reported utilization, dropping me to 511.

PRA is my migraine inducer.

I have GW so much, I have ran out of stamps. Yet, no avail. I will give US Bank credit in how they reply, they are very cordial in their No's.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once the credtor has sold the debt, you can no longer offer a PFD to them for deletion of the reported charge-off.

They no longer own the debt, so they cannot accept any payment, PFD or otherwise.

Yes, you can still request a good-will deletion of a CO after the credtior has sold the debt, but best of luck.

They have taken a loss on the debt, and if/when you do pay, the entire amount goes only to the new owner.

It is usually difficult to elicit good-will from a creditor who has taken a loss in having done business with you.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will these stay on my file then for the 7yrs if I can't GW? If I pay these with the CA then should I GW CapOne since its paid?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.