Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge off with chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

charge off with chase

Looking for more good advice. I had a card with chase that was reported 120 days late and charged off about two years ago. I called and set up payment plan to take care of full amount. Made regular payments the final one being taken from my account early March 2014. I checked my report recently and saw that the account is shown as 120 days late in March 2014 and April 2014 with Equifax and Experian. My question is should I bother to try to get April 2014 late off my report. With it showing 120 days late for approximately 18 months will removing one help my score any at all. I am assuming it should not have been reported in April since the account was paid in full March 13, 2014. I have tried to get the account deleted but no luck there.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: charge off with chase

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking for more good advice. I had a card with chase that was reported 120 days late and charged off about two years ago. I called and set up payment plan to take care of full amount. Made regular payments the final one being taken from my account early March 2014. I checked my report recently and saw that the account is shown as 120 days late in March 2014 and April 2014 with Equifax and Experian. My question is should I bother to try to get April 2014 late off my report. With it showing 120 days late for approximately 18 months will removing one help my score any at all. I am assuming it should not have been reported in April since the account was paid in full March 13, 2014. I have tried to get the account deleted but no luck there.

Removal of 1 late will not make a material difference in your score but it should have been reported as CO. Once a CO is a CO it always is even if you make payment arrangements it can never become a current account again.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: charge off with chase

It is reported as a paid charge off. I first thought when it was charged off the damage was already done. I understand now that it continues to be showed as 120+ days late during the payment plan. Had I known this then I definetly would have made more of an effort to pay it off sooner.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.