charge off with past due balance

I have a repo that is still within the SOL.  I would like to offer the OC a PFD but I need to have the full amount available before I call them for a worst case senario.  This is where I am confused, the account lists a balance of $2566 with a past due amount of $5465.  The past due amount increases every month. Should I have the $2566 which is ltsted on my TU reports as the original charge off or the increasing amount of the past due ($5465)?

Established Contributor

Re: charge off with past due balance

Looks like they've added interest, late fees, etc. How much longer til you're past the SOL?

The SOL does not expire for another 7 years.

Super Contributor

I'm in the same predicament. My sol ends December. Not going to wake that giant till after then.

Established Contributor

It is kinda a poker game of sorts. The more money you offer the more likely they will accept a pfd. Best bet would be to research the company and see if others have had pfd success and see what amounts  were accepted.

Freedom, Mariott ,CSP, SM, QS, BCE,, PSECU, DC Walmart. Maybe someday I will do that cool pic signature thing..
Epic Contributor

It would be the larger amount.  Even though they only CO'd one amount, with all the fees and charges it has grown.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.