Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

charge offs

I had some medical issues in 2005 that eventually led me to despair, I had already rebuilt my status post divorce in 1999.... I am again rebuilding, if some charge offs (low amounts) are on my credit report and I repay them at the (offered lower rate) or have contact with these companies....If I pay will this be reporte as paid as owes? I would like to pay them but as I am in a rebuilding phase w/ a new secured card from my bank and another small amount unsecured card (rebuilding only)...I don't know? I have heard you should get a letter from said company that states they will notift the credit bureau of your being paid. I am wanting to return to shcool and will need school loans. I have a current student loan already for aboout 3,000 I am paying on. I want go to Vanderbilt which is very expensive so I will need funds to continue on that level. Thanks for your advice/help. suziestew
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: charge offs

If you have COs with a balance...that are not with a CA...PAY THEM....they are still being calculated in you overall UTL...and hurting your scores...contact the OC...and see if they will accept payment....they might tell you...you have to deal with a CA..in that case...contact the CA...ASAP...and pay...BEFORE...they report to the CRAs...

If you pay the OC....they WILL...and HAVE TO....update the account as PIF...you should get a letter though anyway...just like a receipt...
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.