Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged off as bad credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

charged off as bad credit

My husband opened a credit card back in 2005. It was from First Premier Bank. There is another account from First Premier showing an account that was opened in 2006. The one opened in 2006 is questionable so we are going to dispute it. Both are saying "charged off as bad debt". I know this is affecting his credit score tremendously. I was told by someone not to try to pay them back because they will be dropping off in a couple of years. We have finally become serious about fixing our credit. If I can get a PFD with the one that was opened in 2005 should I just pay it? I will not pay the other one unless it is proven that it is legit. I really don't know what to do. We want to buy our first home within the next year. Any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: charged off as bad credit

PFD is definitely the way to try first with unpaid charge offs and collections

There are a samples here on the forum, you can look at those to have some idea: PFD Example Letter and here's a straight forward one: Settlement letter; however, the best letter is one written from personal genuineness.

Hope it helps

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.