Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged off card back from the dead?

tag
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

charged off card back from the dead?

Ok here is the deal I'm currently rebuilding my credit, and this midland place showed up for a 2600 dollar collection. So I disputed it and asked for validation, they sent me a copy of a bill with no real proof of anything. So I followed up with a direct dispute. Sent both letters certified, return req'd. I have not received a response on the second letter yet. However interestingly enough I have monitoring through experian and suddenly a walmart card showed up on there with 5033 balance and a 5k limit. Since the midland was originally from transunion I'm thinking its doubtful that Ge Money Bank suddenly re-opened an account that midland hasn't even properly validated, and then doubled the amount, switched it to experian, and even reported it in good standing. I'm kind of new to this, does that mean I won and it went back to GEMB? I have another theory too. My parents and I discussed their walmart card, thought it was in my moms name, but they're married; she has a 5k limit, and their address popped up on my report too - My dad and I have the same name and i did live there but not for awhile. Did experian mess up here? I'm going crazy here, any help is much appreciated.

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: charged off card back from the dead?

Are you saying this is not your debt, the one Midland has or the one that popped up on your report?

Yes, it is possible that your parents information got entered on your report.

Message 2 of 5
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Neither are my debt, but I was curious because when I called Midland Funding, they said they were attempting to collect on a walmart card. Of course I never made any kind of arrangement or agreement that would have validated the debt, but I did want to find out if the claim was legitimate. ( I had a Firestone Card and I was curious if it was that) I apologize I know the post was confusing, Midland Funding showed up as a collection account, I disputed and the CRA's marked it as disputed; I haven't seen Midland on my report for over a month now. Then early today I pulled Experian and Walmart/GeMB showed up, and I was panicking for a minute thinking that Midland ignored the proper DV and Direct Dispute channel, and somehow sold it back to GEMB or something. You know after all its Midland the infamous JDB, who knows what kind of dirty tricks they have up their sleeve. Upon looking at the account though it was opened in 2009, Improved my AAoA, i'm almost positive its my parents especially since the the high balance is actually lower than the current balance which wouldn't make sense if it was a charge off brought back to life. 

I know it's sort of off topic, but the other day I applied for a Barclay's reward card, and was sort of astonished they gave it to me, considering the rebuilding process; now it kind of makes sense, thanks mom and dad haha.

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 3 of 5
cwnewscore
Established Member

I'd be concerned that there's a card/account on your report that isn't yours. I'm a little confused about the Midland bit, but I'd dispute the Walmard/GeMB account, even if it's in good standing now.

Starting Score 9/2013: TU: 579 / EQ: 561 / EX: 548
Current Score 9/2013: TU: 579 / EQ: 561 / EX: 548
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

It's my moms account, she just added my father (same name as me) as an authorized user. Good for AAoA but killed my utilization, called the parents told them to call GEMB and have it removed. Just in case though, I'll go through the DV process. I'm not worried about Midland anymore its not them. thanks for the help guys!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.