Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase charge off.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase charge off.

I am paying a collection account for a chase Card and the balance now is $800 and I'm paying $100 per month on time each month. Is there anyway to have this CO removed from my credit report? I'm sure it's holding my scores down.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chase charge off.

@Rickdoc1 wrote:
I am paying a collection account for a chase Card and the balance now is $800 and I'm paying $100 per month on time each month. Is there anyway to have this CO removed from my credit report? I'm sure it's holding my scores down.

Once its paid you would need to send Chase GW letters to ask that it be removed, the Collection agency would also need a GW letter if they are reporting the collection unless you already did a PFD arrangement for their entry.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Does the OC still own the debt?

If so, your payments are going to them, and thus they are recouping their loss.

If not, they sold the debt at a loss, and arent recouping anything from your repayment.

Those who have taken a loss in dealing with you are often not full of good will.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Chase is getting paid back because I talked to them in the past about the acct. Should I GW them before it's paid off? The collection company isn't on my credit report.
Message 4 of 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

Please do let us know if you are able to get Chase to do a removal for you.  I have had zero luck with them.  Just over two years ago I had to do a settlement with them.  I've sent GW letters, and always get a call back from a very nice person at the EO, however they pretty much tell me the world will come to an end before they will do any type of removal or how the account is reporting.  With that said, if I am not mistaken there are reports out there of people having success, so anything is possible.  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.