cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase deleted 2 tradlines--now ask to vacate judgement???

tag
krisg88
New Contributor

chase deleted 2 tradlines--now ask to vacate judgement???

so i got chase to delete 2 tradelines from my reports through GW. One  was included in BK and the other was setttled for less than owed before i filed bk. I also have a judgement against me for a chase account. I honeslty cant remember if it was for something else i had with them, or if it was for the account they removed that was included in my BK. Im thinking it was the account included in the bk since i cant find any records of any other account with them. just not 100% positive since account number is not listed on the judgement on my Credit reports.  this judgement was also discharged in my bk.

anyways the lady was extreamely nice and told me to keep her contact info if i had any other concerns or questions. So im thinking, even though the judgement was included in my BK, can it be vacated and then removed by dispute, or possible some other way if i recieved a vacate notice from the courts?

if yes, do you think they would go this far as to also ask the lawyer whos listed on the judgement to file a motion to vacate?? its not from a CA, they plaintiff is listed as Chase manhattan bank, with there lawyer listed as the attorney.

another thing i was thinking was i could just write to this lawfirm listed on the judgement, inform them that chase has deleted the accounts, included a copy of the letter chase sent to me stating im no longer liable for the accounts, and then just ask them to file a motion to vacate? think they would bother helping me??? would u try the chase lady first or the lawfirm first?

any ideas, thoughts or comments about this????

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: chase deleted 2 tradlines--now ask to vacate judgement???

Your BK attorney is the one to contact to have that judgement vacated. Normally it is a little extra to have them do it, but you definately should have it taken care of. I don't think the creditors attorney is the right person to contact. You can try him, but he really works for the creditor and does not represent your interests in any way.

Message 2 of 10
bobvette
Regular Contributor

Could you PM me your contact at Chase?  I sent a GW email about 3 30 day lates and they called and said nothing could be done about it, maybe I can keep trying!

BOA Cash Rewards $95,000, AMEX Delta Reserve $65,000 AMEX BCP $30,600 CSP $32,000 Pen Fed Plat Rewards $25,000 Citi Thank You Preferred $28,500 Chase Freedom $21,000
Delta CU $10,000 Cap 1 X 2 $7,500 Discover $18,000
HSN $1,700 Kohls $4,000 BBRZ $700

Starting Score: EQ-592 TU-606
Current Score: EQ-838 TU-845
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
krisg88
New Contributor

it is my understanding that the court does not report the judgement to the CRA, is this correct?  I thought it was reported by whatever company got it against you, and in my case this would be chase. There listed as the plaintiff. Maybe i could ask them to just not report it, i understand that it would not be vacated, but it would at least not show up on my CR. thoughts?

Message 4 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Various third party companies collect public record information such as liens and judgements and sell the information to credit reporting agencies.   Neither the court nor the creditor/attorney can directly remove it from your reports, but they can vacate the judgement.   You would need to ask Chase to prepare and file a motion to vacate the judgement, which the court would then accept.   You could use use this to leverage getting the judgement removed from your reports.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 10
krisg88
New Contributor

thanks for clearing that up. got it now.

So chase woudlnt even know whos reporting it? Whats the benefit to the third party that collects and sells this stuff to the CRA?? Basically the CRA pays these people to do this so they can report the information, but so they dont have to go looking for it?

Message 6 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@krisg88 wrote:

thanks for clearing that up. got it now.

So chase woudlnt even know whos reporting it? Whats the benefit to the third party that collects and sells this stuff to the CRA?? Basically the CRA pays these people to do this so they can report the information, but so they dont have to go looking for it?

Money. 

A lot of companies, EX, EQ, and TU for example, make A LOT of money selling personal information.   Other companies make money doing the work to gather this info and they sell it to the CRAs, who in turn sell it to creditors and collection agencies.   Or they sell it to you.    Lots of money involved.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 10
krisg88
New Contributor

that just sounds messed up to me haha, especially if they sell this info to a CA. def all about money, def sounds messed up.  i suppose i will ask her to ask her attorney to file a motion to vacate. worst she/they can say is no.

Do you know if having a judgement included in a BK in grounds enough for ME to file a motion to have it vacated?  Also, if they file it and it goes through, will i even know? will the court contact me with notification that its been vacated or will i have to request it from them?

Message 8 of 10
rmar

Can you please message me a copy of the GW letter you sent to Chase. Starting to work on this and I can't find any letters. Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

This thread is a year old.

Look in my stickies for other requested threads.  There are GW letter samples in there.  Remember to make it your own.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.