Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chex systems removal?

tag
jordanhand
Contributor

chex systems removal?

My lease for my car is coming up and im looking to buy a car and hoping to get a loan through a credit union so I would like to join one now and build up a relationship with them. However I am bad in chex systems with chase from my savings account but still have a checking account with them....

Anyone know how I go about getting out of chex systems? Do I contact Chase or chex system?

Anyone had luck with this before or a sample letter?

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chex systems removal?

If it has been 7 years since the debt then it will automatically come off Chex System.

If it hasn't been 7 years then you will need to pay Chase and ask them to remove you.

Typically, Credit Unions will approve you even if you are in chexsystems. I know DCU won't. But, I do know that PenFed will approve you in ChexSystems cause, I just got approved.

I bank with a local credit union and also have an account that  I just opened at PenFed and had no problem.

Message 2 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it has been 7 years since the debt then it will automatically come off Chex System.

If it hasn't been 7 years then you will need to pay Chase and ask them to remove you.

Typically, Credit Unions will approve you even if you are in chexsystems. I know DCU won't. But, I do know that PenFed will approve you in ChexSystems cause, I just got approved.

I bank with a local credit union and also have an account that  I just opened at PenFed and had no problem.

It's actually 5 years for chexsystems.

I have my car through a credit union and I am in chexsystems. Next year makes a year that I've had my car. The credit union just told me they won't open a physical account with them until everything is cleared up with my chexsystems which it will be next year.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

You can also try to contact Chase since you still have an account in good standing with them and see what they can offer you, good luck!

Message 4 of 10
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@jordanhand wrote:

My lease for my car is coming up and im looking to buy a car and hoping to get a loan through a credit union so I would like to join one now and build up a relationship with them. However I am bad in chex systems with chase from my savings account but still have a checking account with them....

Anyone know how I go about getting out of chex systems? Do I contact Chase or chex system?

Anyone had luck with this before or a sample letter?

I just got approved from the CU for state employees....been in check system about 6 years now...

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 5 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@dashpt wrote:

I just got approved from the CU for state employees....been in check system about 6 years now...

Are you sure you're still in it? 

Message 6 of 10
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@dashpt wrote:

well i dont know but i went in 2009 and i was told its 7 years before its deleted so I assume i'm still in....around 2012 i tried opening a checking account and was denied...so maybe I still am....

Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Message 7 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

https://www.consumerdebit.com/consumerinfo/us/en/chexsystems/report/index.htm 

Go there to check your status, they'll mail you your report within 5-7 business days.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dashpt wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

@dashpt wrote:

well i dont know but i went in 2009 and i was told its 7 years before its deleted so I assume i'm still in....around 2012 i tried opening a checking account and was denied...so maybe I still am....

It's actually 5-years.

Message 9 of 10
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dashpt wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

@dashpt wrote:

It's actually 5-years.

oh ok thank you...so i guess i'm out now then....good to know....

Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.