Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

child support dropped CR 45 POINTS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: child support dropped CR 45 POINTS

Dont know if its gov or third party but its the child enforcement division in Missouri. Either way can they do that ?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone says that but if they are in the accounts section of your fico score. They do drop your score. Im in the process of getting it switched to public record so my points will be returned and my credit will return to normal. I will keep everyone posted to let them know what will happen. Its the states child enforcement center that put it as a account.

Message 12 of 14
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

keep us posted

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 13 of 14
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Child support accounts don't impact your FICO score provided they report as a public record. In your example, they are viewed probably as a CA (or on par) especially since it reports in the Accounts section. It's my understanding that it shouldn't report there. Is it the governement agency that reports it, or a 3rd party?

they report it in accounts and it not a 3rdparty...another tabo subject know one can answer COcollection Account Name: DIVISION OF CHILD SUPPORT/XXXXX Account Number: 144 Date Open: 05/99 Balance: $0.00 Credit Limit: $0.00

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.