cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil judgement for CC debt expiring soon but what to do??? Wage garnishement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: civil judgement for CC debt expiring soon but what to do??? Wage garnishement?

In the meantime though until next year since its been this long do any of you think i have reason to worry about accts checking/savings being freezed or possible wage garnishement or am i just thinking about it to much as im sure their are bigger fish to fry ?

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: civil judgement for CC debt expiring soon but what to do??? Wage garnishement?

@Anonymous wrote:

See this is where im getting confused yes in a year it will fall off my credit report but how am i uncollectable?  If they want their money then can freeze my accts and or garnish them cant they as the SOL wont run out for 3more years?

Note I said approach "with the *attitude* of being uncollectible" - so far they have been unsuccessful, correct? In their eyes you may very well be uncollectible. Remember they really only know what you TELL THEM concerning your financial situation. Before they can freeze accounts they have to FIND them. Before they can garnish wages they have to FIND your employer. As long as you keep your employers name off your reports, and any bank accounts are not easily ferreted out (see my earlier post on that), you ARE effectively uncollectible.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well unfortunately my bank is a large nationwide one that holds both my checking and savings. My employer isn't on anything and my LinkedIn profile isn't viewable to see who it is by anyone as its hidden. I think I will still wait til sept of 2016 before reaching out to them though I'd rather it be totally off my reports before opening up that can of worms
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well unfortunately my bank is a large nationwide one that holds both my checking and savings. My employer isn't on anything and my LinkedIn profile isn't viewable to see who it is by anyone as its hidden. I think I will still wait til sept of 2016 before reaching out to them though I'd rather it be totally off my reports before opening up that can of worms

Nothing wrong with that strategy - I would recommend moving your savings to another bank, and keep your checking acount balance as low as is convenient - just in case. Also visit the court and find out the current status of the judgement, whether they ever actually filed the lien. Often they get the judgement but never follow through on trying to collect it, figuring you'll come to them eventually.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually went to the county courthouse and just typed in my name and search and it came right up in their records
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I actually went to the county courthouse and just typed in my name and search and it came right up in their records

Just the judgment? or did it indicate a lien was filed after the judgement? The lien is a separate filing that must be done by the plaintiff after the judgement is granted.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just looked it up the original one in sept 2009 just says cap1 default final for some reason in 2012 a new file number for it was on there and it says cap1 rec re cc default final so not sure what happened 3 years later any ideas?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the court and gret all the filings on the case

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

No can-do I live about two hours from there now and I'm never there when they are open I only go to visit on weekends once in a while
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a little while since I posted this thread, I now have the money to pay this judgment in full but I have no idea how to figure out who to call for it? All I have is a case number and a courthouse saying default final  On it and then some weird input again 3 yrs later saying re Rec cc default final  with a different file number any idea what that could be?   This falls off in September should I just wait till then I don't want to reactivate something on my file that may go away in six months?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.