Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleaning up my credit - Barclay/Juniper and Midland

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cleaning up my credit - Barclay/Juniper and Midland

so I have sent out GW letters to three of my credit cards (all syncrony to get rid of a 30 day late). So the only real issues I need to work on is my two collections one with Barclay for $1823 (equifax shows $1300)(went to collection 10/2014)  and Midland (old Sears card for $2870, collections 8/2014) which is apparently a judgment and I never got anything for it. No court docs or anything.

I sent a PFD letter to barclay and all they sent back was my last 4 credit card statements.

What can I do, I know it's too late to enter the lawsuit against midland, because I just found out about it and my kind of luck. midland always called my cell phone. and now the judgment is against me.

any addresses or advice would be great.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Re: cleaning up my credit - Barclay/Juniper and Midland

Google "vacate a default judgment".  There have been millions in fines and lawsuits against junk debt collectors and their attorneys for fraudulently obtaining default judgments.  Basically not informing debtors of pending litigation, then getting a default judgment when the debtor/defendant fails to show up for a court date.

If you can prove that you were not properly notified (summons sent to wrong address, etc), then you can vacate or set aside the default judgment.  Then work on setting payment plan with the collector, before they reschedule a new court date.

Hope this helps.  Take care.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.