cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleared up my credit still no improvement !!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cleared up my credit still no improvement !!!!!

I have cleared all my derogatory debt off my credit and only owe 125.00 left to one creditor. My wife has me on one of her credit cards she owes a 1000.00 and that is a derogatory account i have 2 car loans and house loan that i have never been late on, but no credit cards. I'm at a 555 and seem to be stuck please any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: cleared up my credit still no improvement !!!!!

You need a mix of revovling and installment. I would start with getting secured cards, keep the UTIL at 1-9% for you should see your score improve with 6 months or so!!!

Message 2 of 16
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

You will need to get a Secured card to help build your credit. If you are a member of USAA I would get a secured card through them. If not, Try a local CU or Capital 1

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 3 of 16
electra
Established Contributor

Is the CC account of your wife's CO?   You should get yourself removed from the account and have it taken off of your reports.  I bet that is killing your utilization given you have no other CC's.  

What about the other debt you list?  That's your only derog?  What steps have you taken to get it removed?  What's the detail on that one?

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one derogatory thats left I have been making payments on I owe 150 dollars I have been sending letters to get the the others that are paid in full and or settled removed there's still one that's not showing paid but it has been paid/settled. How would I go about getting my name off my wife card I was a authorized user on. The card is a chase card and has been canceled.
Message 5 of 16
js0319
Established Contributor

Your wife can call and have you removed. You can also dispute it through the CRA's. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 6 of 16
electra
Established Contributor

Yes, have your wife call and have you removed as an AU then you should be able to dispute it off your CR.  Just this one thing should give you a big bump.

Also, I'm not clear from what you have written thus far....are the other collections removed from your CRs or just reporting as Paid?  If they are just reporting as paid that does nothing to help your credit score.

Message 7 of 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

If the card is canceled there is no way for him to be removed cause if I read correctly that card is also a CO?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had issues once with being listed as an authorized user. They had me confused with someone else some how and I was an authorized user for someone I didnt even know. Transunion and Experian removed the trade line within hours but equifax made it a pain and required the full 30 day investigation plus two phone calls. 

Message 9 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have cleared all my derogatory debt off my credit and only owe 125.00 left to one creditor. My wife has me on one of her credit cards she owes a 1000.00 and that is a derogatory account i have 2 car loans and house loan that i have never been late on, but no credit cards. I'm at a 555 and seem to be stuck please any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Also

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but 'deragtory debt' doesn't go away.. ie, if you have 10 collection accounts (for example) and you pay all 10 to a 0 dollar balance, you score will not improve. Negative factors impact when they hit your credit, and you are not rewarded for paying debt you already shouldn't have made negative, if that makes sense....

So if you have anything negative showing on your report, even if its paid, you need to to try to remove that

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.