Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection...What to do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do next?

Who's not licensed? P&B or MSW Capital? Does your state require licensing of collectors?

Message 11 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Msw capital llc.  Is not licensed in massachusetts.  and yes massachusetts requires debt collection agencies to be licensed to do business in the state.

Message 12 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found out J & B is licensed in the state though. 

Message 13 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Found out J & B is licensed in the state though. 

Was just going to say, thats probably the reason they are using J&B to do their work.

Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was thinking also. I asked the guy from j and b  for  Debt valedation anyways.  Since I really want to know how they came up with the 1400.00 amount.  All he has is a computer print out of my name ,account owner msw capital llc,  original creditor credit one bank, and the amount owed. That's all they have. After not accepting my settlement offer he said that he is sending it back to msw capital llc.  I've read up on j and b  and sounds like a shady co.

Message 15 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I was thinking also. I asked the guy from j and b  for  Debt valedation anyways.  Since I really want to know how they came up with the 1400.00 amount.  All he has is a computer print out of my name ,account owner msw capital llc,  original creditor credit one bank, and the amount owed. That's all they have. After not accepting my settlement offer he said that he is sending it back to msw capital llc.  I've read up on j and b  and sounds like a shady co.

Yeah, there's no shortage of those....

Message 16 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just not sure what to do now 

Message 17 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is MSW reporting it on your CRs?

Message 18 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. It's not being reported at all.

Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a kind of a tough one. It could go either way - I mean if you try to wait out the SOL, they will eventually report it, dinging you with two major derogs. OTOH, if you reach out to them to settle it, they may not be willing to cut a deal, and try to sue before SOL is up, even though they would need to find another proxie collector to do so.

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.