Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection accounts deleted when IIB???

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

collection accounts deleted when IIB???

I was just wondering,In a Chap 7 BK, are the collection accounts  that have been IIB deleted ?? OR  are just the remarks of BK deleted or do they stay or do they stay on file for 10 yrs???

Just wondering because my BK IIB info from my credit reports ExP and TU say that the are schedued to be removed this year around 6/2012 for estimates....

I just want to know if I will have to do G W letters to get these paid collections deleted ..I have 2 that are paid and 1 IIB ....

thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: collection accounts deleted when IIB???

Bankruptcy: Chapters 7, 11, and 12 remain for 10 years from the filing date.

Chapter 13 remains seven years from the filing date.

Accounts included in bankruptcy will remain seven years from the date they were reported as included in the bankruptcy.

This is all I know about this subject, so maybe others will jump in.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A BK is a separately reported item under the FCRA.  There is no provision of the FCRA that stipulates that prior derogs and delinquencies reported on an account are made inaccurate or require deletion based on discharge of the debt under bankruptcy.  And there are no provisions within the FCRA for the deletion of the reporting of entire accounts from a consumer's credit file other than disputing their actually legitimacy in the first place.  The reporting of the prior collection activities on the debt is still accurate.

BK does not mandate CR removal.  Just update of the consumer's credit file to indicate the debt balance under any discharged account is now $0.

Message 3 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

The accounts will be marked IIB (included in bankrupcy) and it is my understanding they fall off from the DOFD, not the IIB date.  At least that's how my IIB accounts have worked - I have only 2 left, and I'm working on both, they will be gone in a month or two.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.