Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection deleted, original creditor still listed

tag
andemalia
Contributor

collection deleted, original creditor still listed

Hello all,

I was having a look at my reports and wondering: I have 2 collections that were deleted. However, the original negative tradeline by the OC  (Chase and Radiochack) before it got sent to the CA is still there. How do I get it gone? One of the collections I disputed through Equifax and it gone (it's listed as a medical colRadioshack/CBNA) the other one is an old Chase CC acct sent to Midland (I asked for PFD but refused and it got deleted a couple of months after their refusal to PFD, I never disputed).

That alone would bring my derogatory accounts to 6/8 and 8/10.

01/15 EQ 663 TU 669 EX 674 09/14 EQ 653 TU 635 EX 651
10/13 EQ 579 TU 580 EX 598
BoA 1.5k I Cap1Sec 0.6k I Cap1 QS 6k I Synchrony 1k I Barclays 1k
- Goals - Refi car loan 24% to 15% 12/13
Buy a home spring 2015: in progress; Pay off car loan spring 2016 balance $6200
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: collection deleted, original creditor still listed

Did the CA delete? 

Do you still owe for the debt? That's why the OC can still report. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

OC account reporting does not become excluded based on any of the credit report exclusion provisions of the FCRA.

The FCRA only requires exclusion of adverse items reported by the OC after certain periods of time, not the OC account.

If a reported collection is deleted by a debt collector, that does not require deletion of any other adverse reporting done by the OC, or of the OC account itself.

Message 3 of 8
andemalia
Contributor

Whitneyy,

Midland was collecting on behalf of Chase, I offered PFD, but instead got another settlement offer (I had been getting a few of those before I started rebuilding) which I assumed meant "no but pay this instead". A few months later I got a letter from Midland saying they were deleting, they never stated a reason. In my PFD, I clearly stated that I knew that the SOL were expired and that the best arrangement as this point would be to PFD for the interest of both parties.

CatLegal or whatever they call themselves was/is collecting for Radioshack/CBNA, I asked the credit bureau (equifax) to investigate on y behalf because I cannot find any contact/address info for them. I just received an email letting me know that Equifax deleted after investigation.

So I am not sure how to go about getting the Chase and the Radioshack tradeline deleted. 

Robert,

I know the OC's reporting is separate from the CA's reporting and do not have to  be deleted even if the CA decides to delete which is the reason I am asking what strategy I can use to have them gone.

Message 4 of 8
dursty87
Established Contributor

@andemalia wrote:

Whitneyy,

Midland was collecting on behalf of Chase, I offered PFD, but instead got another settlement offer (I had been getting a few of those before I started rebuilding) which I assumed meant "no but pay this instead". A few months later I got a letter from Midland saying they were deleting, they never stated a reason. In my PFD, I clearly stated that I knew that the SOL were expired and that the best arrangement as this point would be to PFD for the interest of both parties.

CatLegal or whatever they call themselves was/is collecting for Radioshack/CBNA, I asked the credit bureau (equifax) to investigate on y behalf because I cannot find any contact/address info for them. I just received an email letting me know that Equifax deleted after investigation.

So I am not sure how to go about getting the Chase and the Radioshack tradeline deleted. 

Robert,

I know the OC's reporting is separate from the CA's reporting and do not have to  be deleted even if the CA decides to delete which is the reason I am asking what strategy I can use to have them gone.

What Robert basically said is there isn't a valid reason to dispute/remove the OC account if they are reporting correctly.  The CA may have deleted their TL for whatever reason but that doesn't mean that there is grounds for the OC to do so.

Message 5 of 8
andemalia
Contributor

ssondubs,

Okay thanks to both you and Robert. There are from 2009/2010 anyways so I guess I have more pressing needs to take care of...

Message 6 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@andemalia wrote:

ssondubs,

Okay thanks to both you and Robert. There are from 2009/2010 anyways so I guess I have more pressing needs to take care of...

You don't see a fall off date for it?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 7 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

OC account reporting does not become excluded based on any of the credit report exclusion provisions of the FCRA.

The FCRA only requires exclusion of adverse items reported by the OC after certain periods of time, not the OC account.

If a reported collection is deleted by a debt collector, that does not require deletion of any other adverse reporting done by the OC, or of the OC account itself.

+1.   It's accurate reporting, so a dispute would be invalid.   You could attempt GW removal.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.