Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection not reporting on credit report..yet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

collection not reporting on credit report..yet

I am paying all but two collection accounts on my credit report. I want to pay the newest collections first. The last two are almost 4 years old. Today I call one of the original creditors trying to get the account numbers for my accounts and I was told I have two other accounts that went to collections. One is for $68 and the other is for $4000. They are not on my credit report. They are from 2010. They are medical debts. I am trying to clean up my credit so we can buy a home. Now this! Will they eventually report this? What can I do to keep these off my credit report?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Simplyjays
New Contributor

Re: collection not reporting on credit report..yet

thats a good question.... will it still report even if its not in there..

Inquires= 0 as of 3/20/2013 till 4/1/2014
-Amex green NPSL -Discover it 1k -Capital One 1.25k -Walmart 700.00
-JDCU 500.00 -Credit one bank 400.00 (credit builder card =) -Babys R-us 200.00? =(
TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 2 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am paying all but two collection accounts on my credit report. I want to pay the newest collections first. The last two are almost 4 years old. Today I call one of the original creditors trying to get the account numbers for my accounts and I was told I have two other accounts that went to collections. One is for $68 and the other is for $4000. They are not on my credit report. They are from 2010. They are medical debts. I am trying to clean up my credit so we can buy a home. Now this! Will they eventually report this? What can I do to keep these off my credit report?

There is a very good chance they will show up. Only way to keep them off is if you don't have the funds is to setup a payment plan with the hospital billing department.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly.  I've seen it happen before: you have one, offer to settle, then they mention another they have not yet reported.  The next day boom!  it's on your CR Smiley Sad

If the debt is still with the OC perhaps you can make an arrangement for payment in exchange for them removing what is currently on your CR and agreeing not to report the others?  It's a bear but ... at least you are clearing everything out.  The last thing you would want is for something new to pop up in the middle of the mortgage process.

Message 4 of 10
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

It all depends.

In my situation.  I thought I could escape the medical debt I had from one hospital because they never reported it right away.  When I thought I had cleaned up my other medical debt on my CR, out of nowhere, a collection company reported 11 new accounts from the hospital.  In the back of my mind I knew it would happen but I was just trying to avoid it.

In my experience, if you pay the medical debt or if you can even settle it, they will actually remove it from your report alltogether so if the amounts are not too big, I don't think it's a big deal because you can just pay it and it's like it never existed.  Just make sure you get it in writing.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The one for $4000 I would see if the hospital offers financial aid.  If they do it can wipe out a good portion of it or all of it.  Then there would be nothing to report.

Message 6 of 10
Simplyjays
New Contributor

guiness im kinda screwed because i just found out im in collections since december 12 of 2012 but it hasnt appeared on my credit repot and i check evey week like i pay to get it checked and its not on my report. can i call on monday and tell them i will pay if they agree not to report it on my credit? if they agree not to report aslong as i pay can they still post it up anyways?

-JDCU 500.00 -Credit one bank 400.00 (credit builder card =) -Babys R-us 200.00? =(
TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 7 of 10
Simplyjays
New Contributor

i was doing so good and i didnt know i had this dum problem. i think im in luck it hasnt reported yet maybe i can pay them before they report it..? respond whenever u can please

TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, you can call and ask.  If you are talking about a CA I would at least email them to have a paper trail.  And yes, it has happened that they still reported.  Hence the paper trail.  However, an oral agreement is binding just harder to prove.

Message 9 of 10
Simplyjays
New Contributor

ok so to re-cap if they still havent reported in which they havent it seems i can call and set up an agreement where i pay the balance in full if they agree to never post the debt on my credit report. and ask them to e-mail me that agreement then ill call to pay..?

TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.