Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection notes- IQ Data, American COllections Ent

tag
Monkey-Doll

collection notes- IQ Data, American COllections Ent

Hello all,

I have a collection note on my report from American Collections Enterprise for $189. Apparently it is a doctor’s invoice that my insurance did not pay in 2008, I was never made aware of this and I just want it taken care of. I called the CA and they told me if I pay the full amount they will show it as paid in full on my report and then I can send a letter to their office and ask for deletion and that goes to a different office that will determine if they can delete it. Is this a good course of action to take? Has anyone dealt with this agency before? My other collection is from IQ data/Rent collect for $2400 for an apartment I cosigned with my ex-husband and he never paid his share of the rent. He  currently has a payment plan with the CA and I want to get a mortgage in the next few months. He said he was going to see if he can settle the debt  but I really have zero control on that and I don’t want to pay $2400 that I can use on my credit cards for a debt that he is responsible for even though I cosigned. What is the best course of action? Thank you so much.

Monkey Doll

Scores : 653, 654 , 663
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Monkey-Doll

Re: collection notes- IQ Data, American COllections Ent

Anyone?

Message 2 of 10
Monkey-Doll

So I called the OC and they accepted payment of the debt, it was a bill for a visit at a dermatologist. Now, how do I deal with the CA deleting this on my reports? Please advise. Thank you

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You could have asked them to recall the debt from the CA and for them to delete the TL.  The CA doesn't have to but may if they asked.

Other than that, send a GW to the CA asking for deletion.

Message 4 of 10
Monkey-Doll

The guy I spoke to on the phone said he was going to call the CA and let them know that I paid and to take the "appropriate measure". I told him i wanted them to delete it and all he kept saying was " they will tkae the appropriate measures" so I dont know what that means. grrrrrr I really need this off of my report

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It could be what he meant and didn't want to say it.  If they update to paid, start the GW process.

Message 6 of 10
Monkey-Doll

I have never written a GW letter. What should I put in it? Thank you!

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Look in my sticky for other threads.  You should find something there.

A GW is asking them to do you a favor. 

Message 8 of 10
Monkey-Doll

Thank you. I spoke with the CA and they are saying they cant update my info until the OC confirms payment, and that if that doesnt happen before the 5th of April then I will ha ve to wait an extra 20 days before htey can update my info. I wish I knew this prior to paying the OC, the OC doesn't really care much now that they have my payment, I called them back and they just told me to be patient that they left a mesasge to the CA, I asked who they left the message for and htey gave me a different person's name than the one handling my account, I told them she wasnt handling my account but OC said that was their contact and they'd only deal with that person. I don't know how long it will take for all of this to clear, I just hope it can get resolved soon.

Message 9 of 10
gotti5000

I just paid IQ Data today for a previous Apt. They stated they will be mailing out a letter today & will update my credit report PIF/Delete and remove from my rental history. They stated I should receive the letter in 5 business day from today 4/19.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.