Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection

tag
lene225
Established Member

collection

I received an alert that a collection was placed on my equifax report I immediately contact receivable recovery i never received anything thing in the mail. So when I gave them my social security number they said someone else name address date of birth, child name i was like this is incorrect this is not my information on;y my social . So the lady was like we will correct this give us 48 hours. Okay so i immediately filed a dispute with equifax told them the situation  they put fraud alert on my credit report and the person address showed up on my credit report. okay they work on it. Then it comes back they removed address but verified my information. I'm like something is wrong they don't have my information only social security number.  I call receivable recovery they won't send me the bill because my name is not on it. what the heck but my social security. So i get in touch with the people who issued  the collection  i give them the account number that receivable recovery gives me . So they said hello Mrs. Aletha I'm like no thats not me some kind of way my social security on that person account . They come back and say a collection should have never been filed because that person has $0 balance. they apologized and put me on hold to call receivable recovery to fix it. The billing agent comes back and says he has everything fix they will delete it. So i call back to collection agency still won't give me anything saying this will be removed. said they contacted equifax to have removed. But still its on my credit report I lost 32 points because of this the one and only collection on my account that doesn't belong to me . This is getting on my nerves I'm getting ready to purchase a home but now i have to wait. Any other suggestions to get the off my credit report asap

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: collection

@lene225 wrote:

I received an alert that a collection was placed on my equifax report I immediately contact receivable recovery i never received anything thing in the mail. So when I gave them my social security number they said someone else name address date of birth, child name i was like this is incorrect this is not my information on;y my social . So the lady was like we will correct this give us 48 hours. Okay so i immediately filed a dispute with equifax told them the situation  they put fraud alert on my credit report and the person address showed up on my credit report. okay they work on it. Then it comes back they removed address but verified my information. I'm like something is wrong they don't have my information only social security number.  I call receivable recovery they won't send me the bill because my name is not on it. what the heck but my social security. So i get in touch with the people who issued  the collection  i give them the account number that receivable recovery gives me . So they said hello Mrs. Aletha I'm like no thats not me some kind of way my social security on that person account . They come back and say a collection should have never been filed because that person has $0 balance. they apologized and put me on hold to call receivable recovery to fix it. The billing agent comes back and says he has everything fix they will delete it. So i call back to collection agency still won't give me anything saying this will be removed. said they contacted equifax to have removed. But still its on my credit report I lost 32 points because of this the one and only collection on my account that doesn't belong to me . This is getting on my nerves I'm getting ready to purchase a home but now i have to wait. Any other suggestions to get the off my credit report asap

If its not gone in 14 days file a CFPB complaint on all involved.

Message 2 of 7
lene225
Established Member

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
elim
Senior Contributor

This happened to me a few months ago with an FPL bill that wasn't mine.  It took about 10 days and "poof"... gone.  Don't panic, It will get fixed.

error.png

Message 4 of 7
lene225
Established Member

Were you able to get back all of your points you lost from your score?

Message 5 of 7
lene225
Established Member

collection deleted as of today. Will I get back  the 32 points i loss 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lene225 wrote:

collection deleted as of today. Will I get back  the 32 points i loss 

You should. I had an incorrect collection placed on my CR, score plummeted, but went right back up once it was removed.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.