Did you mean: 

combining accts w/ Cap1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: combining accts w/ Cap1

that is correct.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank u. u have been extremely helpful. So, the closing of the QS1 wont hurt me bc it still factors into my AAoA, correct?

Message 11 of 17
JMCB
Regular Contributor

So let's say you have a Venture, QS, and a platinum. Merge all 3 into the venture. Can you then reapply for the QS and Platinum and do it all over again over the next year?
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JMCB wrote:
So let's say you have a Venture, QS, and a platinum. Merge all 3 into the venture. Can you then reapply for the QS and Platinum and do it all over again over the next year?

I think Norman calls that the ole' Wash, Rinse & Repeat. The answer is yes (for now) you can go back in and re-app the Plat and QS1 after they have been PC'd - Combined.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Whichever account you decide to combine with another will be closed as satisfactory and remain on your credit report for 10 years.  It will still factor into your AAoA for those 10 years.  The 2 cards you are deciding to combine must both be at least 6 months old and have a 0 balance. 

Example:

Card A - QS1 - $1000 Limit

Card B - Platinum - $500 Limit

Card B combines with Card A

Card A is now a :$1500 Limit QS1 and Card B is closed

For the newer versions of the Plat and QS1 (under 1yr old I think but not exactly sure when they started the 2 accts with the STEPS program)

1. You should squeeze 2 CLI's (1 at or about the 60th day & 1 Auto after the 6mth pt)

2. PC 1 (should be the Plat at or about the 30-40day pt)

3. Combine the QS1 into the new QS after both accts have reached 6mths old.

You essentially want the QS1 and Plat accts to disappear and you do that by PC'ing the one and combining the other into the newer.

Message 14 of 17
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I have the QS1 and QS cards right now. Is it possible to convert the QS1 card into something at some point?

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

I have the QS1 and QS cards right now. Is it possible to convert the QS1 card into something at some point?

YES, If the QS1 is older than 6mths you should go on chat and ask to combine it into the QS.

Message 16 of 17
AutoBot
Established Contributor

And then apply for a Venture once the QS1 and QS get combined together?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.