Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comcast cable

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

comcast cable

so on my journey of rebuilding, im finding that patience is a huge virtue, im pretty much finding out that most of the original deters will let you pay it off through them and will delete the bady on your report. ive had 4 that would delete, and one that the OC made me go to the CA, so with that one i just made a settlement deal for less then the PIF

i called comcast today to settle an old account debt and was told i could pay them direct they would email me a receipt, and within the next 45 days it would be pulled from all 3 CRA's and they where sending info to tell the CA to delete all records, but i went to a store so i had a paper receipt then called to confirm payment and they where going to keep their word..

now im wondering how much my score is going to jump with all these baddies getting removed pretty close to ea other 

2 more baddies to conquer, and if i can get them through the OC ill only have 1 baddie on my account.

been working my butt off and its been 1 month to the day, and so far feeling pretty good, even though my score has dropped about 15pts, i now have 3 forms of unsecured revolving credit, i have paid down 75% of my over the top debt, it's a lot of work, some mad long days to make the extra money to do it, but hoping for big results in the next 60 days 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: comcast cable

@Anonymous wrote:

so on my journey of rebuilding, im finding that patience is a huge virtue, im pretty much finding out that most of the original deters will let you pay it off through them and will delete the bady on your report. ive had 4 that would delete, and one that the OC made me go to the CA, so with that one i just made a settlement deal for less then the PIF

i called comcast today to settle an old account debt and was told i could pay them direct they would email me a receipt, and within the next 45 days it would be pulled from all 3 CRA's and they where sending info to tell the CA to delete all records, but i went to a store so i had a paper receipt then called to confirm payment and they where going to keep their word..

now im wondering how much my score is going to jump with all these baddies getting removed pretty close to ea other 

2 more baddies to conquer, and if i can get them through the OC ill only have 1 baddie on my account.

been working my butt off and its been 1 month to the day, and so far feeling pretty good, even though my score has dropped about 15pts, i now have 3 forms of unsecured revolving credit, i have paid down 75% of my over the top debt, it's a lot of work, some mad long days to make the extra money to do it, but hoping for big results in the next 60 days 

Congratulations!

This is yet one more post that confirms what I keep saying over and over:  DO NOT PAY CA'S FOR UTILITY COLLECTIONS!  

There may be lots of legal mumbo jumbo about who can do what, but the practical situation is that they will recall the debt and let you settle with them directly and the collection will be deleted from your reports.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've figured it cant hurt to try the OC the worst they can do is say no, but then again who want to refuse the money someone is offering to pay the debt in full?

i don't know if its simply because i don't haggle or anything i just call and tell them im inquiring about an old debt that i think i have, they confirm it, i then ask what is the process to pay this off, well prepaired to pay the full balance as i know what it is already, they tell me the amount, i then ask them if once i pay this amount will the derogatory be deleted off my credit report, and they have all said yes, within about 45 - 60 days.i figure the full amount is well works the derogatory being removed off my CR, though most are only a few hundred dollars at a time. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed that Utility companies and Communication companies are very unwilling to sell their bad debts - instead they assign them to collectors, and they cycle them from one collector to another about every 6 months or so.

Message 4 of 7
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Good info.....

Message 5 of 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

This is yet one more post that confirms what I keep saying over and over:  DO NOT PAY CA'S FOR UTILITY COLLECTIONS!  

There may be lots of legal mumbo jumbo about who can do what, but the practical situation is that they will recall the debt and let you settle with them directly and the collection will be deleted from your reports.

Amen! I wish I knew that this time last year. I have two collections, one on each CRA and one on just TU that are both utilities collections that I paid in full. Now I can't get them off my report for anything. They are the last negs left. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did have to go through a CA for one, now to see if i can get that deleted off my CR, i have 2 bads left and wil do everything i can to get them paid through the OC

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.