Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comcast/eastern and imagine/midland

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

comcast/eastern and imagine/midland

My experian carry these accounts can somebody point me in the right direction to get rid of midland... and i disputed comcast and eastern have a letter that say paid and i turned around and paid comcast couldnt get threw to anybody on phone
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: comcast/eastern and imagine/midland

What do you mean by "get rid of Midland".

Do you owe a valid debt that they are attempting to collect?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ rob its paid, but i believe that i fall under the whole situation of the imagine card was supposed to remove due to the running illegal operation
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as getting Comcast on the phone, Google their corporate office in Philadelphia. I'm working on getting their Collections off my report as well. Two items reported currently. Planning to PFD on one if they accept and the other is simply null and needs to be recalled by Comcast.

Good luck
Message 4 of 7
seruby
Frequent Contributor

I got EAS removed with a complaint through the BBB.   They had 3 accounts on my report - a service and equipment from 2012, and an equipment from 2014 (somehow the service from 2014 never got reported).  I contacted Comcast Executives saying basically saying I knew nothing about owing a balane from 2012, and that the only reason my 2014 went into collection is because I was disputing a bill and my numerous attempts to get it corrected, or explaination if it was correct, went unanswered so I gave up on trying.  It took 2 attempts, but the comcast rep said since I never received a final bill or a letter from EAS on the account from 2012, if I paid the amount of the 2014 service (which somehow went down to $270, even though the bill when I began my dispute was for close to $500) they would clear out my 2012 balance, and let EAS know and I should receive a letter from EAS.  She said she couldn't remove the lines from my credit report.

Fast forward 2 months, no letter from EAS.   Filed a complaint with the BBB that they were reporting accounts as owing when I returned everything, and comcast recalled the collections.  BBB response from EAS earlier this month is that they were going to send the tradelines to get deleted.

I never had to deal with midland.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a letter from eastern of paid and removal but comcast had a different balance of just 30 dollars i paid them the 30 i will try to contact them tomorrow
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks seruby. I may try that if I get no traction with the approach I'm taking. I'm still waiting on the letter from Comcast stating I do not owe. They seem to be dragging feet but a BBB filing as a last resort is worthwhile
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.