Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comcast???

tag
Target1212
Regular Contributor

comcast???

Ok so I have a collection account with asset acceptance for the oc being Comcast . I got in the amnesty program and Comcast made my balance 0. So now I'm wondering, with any luck, will they pull it back and erase the ca from my credit report ? Any ideas?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: comcast???

Definitely worth a try.  Contact them, if not then GW Assest acceptance.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
Target1212
Regular Contributor

I tried asking Comcast what would happen with the collection on my report they don't know and said to wait 15 to 30 days that's how often they update ... Of in a couple months they haven't done anything I was thinking of disputing it they already were asking the wrong amount I owed 400 they're reporting 500...
Message 3 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Target1212 wrote:
I tried asking Comcast what would happen with the collection on my report they don't know and said to wait 15 to 30 days that's how often they update ... Of in a couple months they haven't done anything I was thinking of disputing it they already were asking the wrong amount I owed 400 they're reporting 500...

Did you talk with a supervisor? If not, call back and talk with one.

This is what I did, it may or may not work for you.

My DS had charter cable and didn't pay. Received a collection notice and of course, ask mom to take care of it. LOL

So I went down to our local charter company and asked the lady at the desk, " I need to talk with the person who handles the collections".

A very nice lady came out and said " if I PIF by the end of the week, they would pull the debt back from the CA"

I guess I was lucky, because it worked.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 8
Target1212
Regular Contributor

Ok ill try that. I didn't have to pay anything they just erased it and I have service with them now
Message 5 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Target1212 wrote:
Ok ill try that. I didn't have to pay anything they just erased it and I have service with them now

I'm very interested to see, if it works for you.Hopefully it does.Smiley Happy

IMO, it sounds like someone at comcast forgot to call the CA, to pull back the debt.

Let us know, how everything works out.

Side note.....

In out home we have Directv for our tv enjoyment (lol). Yesterday, I was on the phone with them, complaning about the cost.

I told them,  " we are thinking about changing to cable for our tv service". They wouldn't change the price, but did give us 3mos of the movie channels (hbo,showtime, etc)

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 8
ptilda
Established Contributor

I work for Comcast & can tell you, they have a lot of things in place to retain & gain customers. If you calmly and reasonably ask for a supervisor in the collection department, tell them that you are considering whether you should re-connect with Comcast or with Dish, but your decision is largely based on them assurring you that they will be able to avoid such errors in the future. Tell them that you would like to re-connect your services, but need to be sure that the collection is off your record first. I think they'll respond better than you think.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 7 of 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

@Target1212 wrote:

I'm very interested to see, if it works for you.Hopefully it does.Smiley Happy

IMO, it sounds like someone at comcast forgot to call the CA, to pull back the debt.

Let us know, how everything works out.

Side note.....

In out home we have Directv for our tv enjoyment (lol). Yesterday, I was on the phone with them, complaning about the cost.

I told them,  " we are thinking about changing to cable for our tv service". They wouldn't change the price, but did give us 3mos of the movie channels (hbo,showtime, etc)

This is my chief b#(ch about Directv.

Our base rate is $56 and some change. After the "advanced" dvr service fee, monthly protection, etc, etc, my bill is $96 and some change.

I love Directv, hate the damn price.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.