cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

common credit questions for a newbie.........

tag
adio413
Regular Contributor

Re: common credit questions for a newbie.........

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@adio413 wrote:

so i mailed a DV letter to cbcs last week and heres what i got back today.........

account #

my name

address

client name: pepco                account balance= $271.14   total balance= $271.14

by ignoring this obligation, further collection activity could be taken to bring this account to a conclusion.  this could be avoided with your cooperation. to avoid further processing, we must have your payment in full.

if you continue to ignore our request for a disposition of this account, you, yourself, must accept responsibility.

please mail payment in full to stop collection activity.

this communication from a debt collector is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose

you may contact us at 1877-334-4763

why didn't they validate the debt? should i send another DV letter or go straight to the PFD letter?

They sent you everyting that is required by law. Here is what FDCPA 809 says:

FDCPA 809. Validation of debts

(a) Within five days after the initial communication with a consumer in connection with the collection of any debt, a debt collector shall, unless the following information is contained in the initial communication or the consumer has paid the debt, send the consumer a written notice contain­ing—

(1) the amount of the debt;

(2) the name of the creditor to whom the debt is owed;

(3) a statement that unless the consumer, within thirty days after receipt of the notice, disputes the validity of the debt, or any portion thereof, the debt will be assumed to be valid by the debt collector;

(4) a statement that if the consumer notifies the debt col­lector in writing within the thirty-day period that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, the debt col­lector will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of a judgment against the consumer and a copy of such verification or judgment will be mailed to the consumer by the debt collector; and

(5) a statement that, upon the consumer’s written request within the thirty-day period, the debt collector will provide the consumer with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.

ok, pfd time!!  thanks MVV

Message 21 of 22
adio413
Regular Contributor

Re: common credit questions for a newbie.........

yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

got 2 items deleted off of my credit report. one from the swiss colony and the other from Ginny's. idk if they're different companies but they have the same address.  here's what they sent me:

my name                        account #

address                              the date

dear my name:

in response to your inquiry, we have completed the review of our files.

please be advised, we have notified all three credit reporting agencies to delete the above referenced account fromyour consumer credit report.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us toll free at 877-999-7887

sincerely,

the swiss colony

credit department

i hit them with a 1-2 punch. 1st , i signed up with transunion about a month ago and did an online dispute with but the swiss colony and ginny's. instead of paying TU every month, i closed the account3 days later when i got an email from them saying the investigation wascomplete and to log into your TU account tosee the changes. well, i didn't find any changes, got pissed and closed the account.

a few days later, i got one of those affidavit in the mail regarding the swiss colony and ginny's. i filled it out and sent in nothing but a photocopy of my drivers license and a lette to all 3 credit bureaus and to the two places:

To Whom it May Concern,

I do not know what goods and/or services were provided, purchased and/or received. I did not authorize any person or company to use my name and/or personal information for this incident or any other incident related to this. This appears on all three (3) of my credit reports as “Ginny’s” (or "The Swiss Colony") with no original creditor information.  I would like the information to be deleted immediately from my credit reports please.

Sincerely,

Me

the 2nd punch..............i sent DV letters to both ginny's and the swiss colony. i sent all of these letters the same day with CMRRR on the affidavits to ginnys and the swiss colony. now they're gonna be deleted!!

i do not expect to see my score move at all, but i am happy that they're finally gone.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.