cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused about different credit scores, please help !!!!!!

tag
baseballmom83

confused about different credit scores, please help !!!!!!

Ok, here is the scoop. I am new to all of this. I am 30 and finally ready to get serious about my credit. I had to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy in March. I have had my 341 hearing and should be discharged in August. I joined Credit Karma and it is showing my credit score as 573. I also recently got approved for a credit card with capital one for 300.00 limit. I am trying to rebuild my credit because I want to buy a house in a few years. When you become a capital one customer you get free credit watch and my credit watch is showing a credit score of 573. Well, today I joined MY FICO credit watch and I am getting a FICO of 485 Smiley Sad I am so bummed. I know 573 is bad but 485 is horrible !! Why am I getting 2 different scores ? Also, My Fico credit watch pulls eqifasx and my Cap 1 acct is not showing howver I just opened it the end of May. Is that unusual ?

My bankruptcy is also not showing up. Please help !!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: confused about different credit scores, please help !!!!!!

Just in case your attorney didn't tell you... You aren't supposed to obtain any new credit without trustee approval until your debts have been discharged.

It could lead to serious problems and even case dismissal.
FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: confused about different credit scores, please help !!!!!!

@baseballmom83 wrote:

Ok, here is the scoop. I am new to all of this. I am 30 and finally ready to get serious about my credit. I had to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy in March. I have had my 341 hearing and should be discharged in August. I joined Credit Karma and it is showing my credit score as 573. I also recently got approved for a credit card with capital one for 300.00 limit. I am trying to rebuild my credit because I want to buy a house in a few years. When you become a capital one customer you get free credit watch and my credit watch is showing a credit score of 573. Well, today I joined MY FICO credit watch and I am getting a FICO of 485 Smiley Sad I am so bummed. I know 573 is bad but 485 is horrible !! Why am I getting 2 different scores ? Also, My Fico credit watch pulls eqifasx and my Cap 1 acct is not showing howver I just opened it the end of May. Is that unusual ?

My bankruptcy is also not showing up. Please help !!!

Welcome to the forums!

The CK / Cap One scores are FAKO, and I'd recommend ignoring them.

At this point, I'd suggest focusing on the content of your report, trying to optimize it over time, and letting the scores take care of themselves.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.