Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confusing situation Need advice ASAP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: confusing situation Need advice ASAP

ahh, I see what you mean now.  You are right, I was just stupid and trusted someone far more than I should have.  The thing is, had he just told me about this, I would have taken care of it back then, when I had all that extra cash on hand.  Instead, I just happen to see stuff on my credit report just before I apply for a mortgage and started to handle things from there, now that I am in the house and all settled in, I am re-visiting these derogatories.  Also, as I have been dealing with LHR for quite some time now, I wish they would have just told me that they were collecting for Barclays Bank instead of Juniper Bank.  I thought it was two sepearte cases, so I was dealing with each company as though they were seperate from each other.  Only after talking in great detail to the executive office at Barclays did I realize this debt IS Juniper Bank(owned by Barclays) and that its the exact same debt LHR, Inc (and now their law firm) are trying to collect....

talk about confusing.

I am leaning towards settling with Barclays to at least get one of the bad marks off my credit report and then use that as leverage to deal with the other one (LHR, INC and their law firm).  This will force me to file a motion to vacate the default judgement issued in RI, possibly using improper serving as a defense.  I sure wish I knew about this hearing back in 09 as I surely would have attended the court hearing....instead, I am trying to clean up something that I had no knowledge about.  Thank effing god it didnt stop me from buying my home last April, I would have been so upset.

Message 21 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: confusing situation Need advice ASAP

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.