New Contributor
tblank65

consumer credit loan

after looking at my CR report here on my fico at least a million times i glanced at the scale and noticed a consumer loan hurts your score?...mine was in 2003 for furniture loan. the finance co was next to the furniture store and was running a good deal on the financing...never missed a payment infact paid off in half the time....so with Murdoch finance still being on my CR...am i actually taking a points hit?,,,,it is not my oldest TL should i have it removed?
Established Contributor
203bravo

Re: consumer credit loan

Interesting -- exactly how are you calculating this as "hurting" your score?  If it was paid on time and as agreed, then there should be no way that it could be a negative.  Just curious.
New Contributor
tblank65

yes it is interesting...but on the myFico list of things hurting your score is a caption that says at 1 time you have had a cunsumer loan....only 7 percent of people with high fico scores have had a consumer loan
Established Contributor
203bravo

[ Edited ]

UH... well that's a 1st for me.  It's been awhile since I've had such a type of loan -- when I took advantage of the 0% interest offered by the finance company next door -- but I remember it reporting as an installment loan.

I look forward to seeing the posts by others that may be more up to date.

And correct me if I'm wrong -- but aren't all loans "consumer" loans? :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by 203bravo on 08-10-2009 11:16 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+