Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacted by EOS CCA today.

tag
RonPopeil
New Visitor

contacted by EOS CCA today.

I was contacted today by EOS CCA regarding an ATT mobility account they have pointing at me.  I offered to pay in full for deletion and was informed that such a deal is illegal.  I was then transfered to a "floor manager" who offered to delete the account upon full payment (take my offer).  I asked for this in writing so all terms and stipulations would be clear to both parties.  I said something to the effect of "it's not that I don't trust you.  it's that you're a large company with several different departments handling your accounts.  someone else down the line could end up making a mistake.." etc.  

I have a contact name and extension of this floor manager.  Should I bother to deal with them on the phone or should I stick with the written processes described all over this forum?  I really would like to have this taken care of as quickly as possible.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: contacted by EOS CCA today.

Did he offer to give you something in writing?  I was in a similar situation with a different CA.  He sent me an email while on the phone stating they would delete for payment, so I paid and it disappeared.

Mine was for ATT as well.  They really suck at sending final billing statements.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 7
leahjs

I also have EOS CCA calling me too, I am on a payment plan. They never offered for me to pay in full. But I don't see the collection on my credit report. I don't see any collections on my credit report. I do have a few collection agencies calling me. They don't call all the time but are they affecting my credit score even though they are not on my credit report. Also if I pay in full do they still affect my credit score afterwards? Collections stay with you for several years, right?

Current Score: EQ: 634, TU: 621, EX: 621

Cap1 QS1: $500 | Cap1 Visa Platinum: $2K
Message 3 of 7
RonPopeil
New Visitor

I asked several times for something in writing and he wouldn't give me anything.  The floor manager and the person that I first spoke to both insisted that PFD was against the law stating "bribery".  They kept telling me that the conversation was being recorded everytime they brought up the legalities of PFD as well.  

After them asking me several times for full payment in exchange for deletion (only verbally) I said that I'm going to initiate this process another time since their automated dialer called me ( i thought it was my student loans since i'm about to graduate) and got an extension for this floor manager.  

Am I playing this right or should I try to strike a verbal deal?

Message 4 of 7
andemalia
Contributor

I just got my EOS CCA collection from ATT removed, I paid $210 for an original amount of $302 I believe, they had sent a settlement offer previously which I had never responded to, then when I decided to start working on my credit mid-OCtober, I called them, the lady said they wont do anything in writing. I accepted a verbal deal, although I didnt trust them at all. A week alter I got a receipt from them and a letter stated they would delete the TL, I wasnt expecting that. I had insisted to speak with a manager and I had him reiterate that they would delete the TL "so you are saying that..."   "Ok if i understand you well you are confirming to me that..." about 3 or 4 times, took him name down and trusted the Lord. It still on my credit report but creditkarma shows it as gone so I know once the credit bureau update it wont be there.

I would take the deal. My other collection removed was also a verbal deal with a medical collection agency for a labcorp account. They never gave me anything in writing. I have called back to check the status and they told me the account was closed and there was a request for deletion of the TL sent to the bureaus, creditkarma has it gone as well but hasnt updated yet on my CR.

Good luck!

01/15 EQ 663 TU 669 EX 674 09/14 EQ 653 TU 635 EX 651
10/13 EQ 579 TU 580 EX 598
BoA 1.5k I Cap1Sec 0.6k I Cap1 QS 6k I Synchrony 1k I Barclays 1k
- Goals - Refi car loan 24% to 15% 12/13
Buy a home spring 2015: in progress; Pay off car loan spring 2016 balance $6200
Message 5 of 7
monsterZERO

Just today I contacted EOS-CCA about an AT&T mobility debt, and they were so eager to settle that they actually offered deletion without myself even bringing the topic up. I settled for 300 dollars on a 440 dollar debt and they said I would recieve a SIF (settled in full) letter and a deletion letter within 30 days. 

I find it strange that one person is having so much trouble with deletion, while another was offered it immediately. Hope I didn't get taken for a ride by these guys...

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It's not illegal and not bribery, but it is contrary to the written policy of the CRAs, who state in their credit reporting manual and reporting agreements that prior accurate reporting should not be done based on payment of a debt.  They have that policy to preserve the completness and thus value of CRs they sell.

I would trust them.  They have little reason to get involved in consumer disputes to the CRAs pointing out alleged agreements to delete that the CRAs view as improperr, and are not apt to go to court to contest any legal action that you could bring for breach of oral contract.

They have your money, and thus little incentive to spend time and effort asserting they did not make such an agreement.

If they do fail to honor, you always have a small claims court cause of action for breach or oral contract.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.