cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

couldn't have gotten any worse for me...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: couldn't have gotten any worse for me...

Laz, I started out with bad credit because my mother had gotten things in my name when I was kid such as phone bills, credit cards, etc. When I was 16 my credit report said I was 28. My dad and i tried to straighten it out with no luck-no one would help us. Yes, his credit was ruined also. So, when me and my now husband had financial issues in 04 I figured since my credit was already bad what's the use. I never applied for any credit knowing my credit was really bad, basically I ignored it. When I would get collection letters I would throw them away. I was 19 and did not realize what I was doing.

Anyway, last year around this time I decided I wanted to look at my credit and deal with it because I got tired of running from the letters and calls, and being in debt. I have never had decent credit. Why did I forget about those accounts? Well for the first few months I was only looking and dealing with my reports from online. Paying the people I seen listed and working with those accounts. However, when I disputed something after some time, TU sent me an updated paper copy. I noticed that I received two files. So, at that point, I was confused but I decided it was luck and I've continued dealing with the items as before. They are accounts that are on both eq and ex, except two that are on TU only. In time, I plan on getting to them.  My concern was that I only have (had) 1 collection on TU, and a decent score. That score gave me hope for my other two that are lower. My husband and I have been saving money, paying all bills on time, and we have been dealing with the past. Things aren't perfect yet, but getting there. 

Well that's my story. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I didn't dispute these accounts....

Message 12 of 19
mauve
Valued Contributor

Is it still possible to file a police report about it?  And, since this is your mother, is that a path you would pursue? (Everyone's different)

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
mauve
Valued Contributor

Oh, and, since some of it was opened when you were less than 18 that's currently hurting you, I have a feeling there's a way to get that off.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@preciousjoys wrote:

I checked my Transunion report yesterday and all the inquires that they removed are now back.  I never disputed any of the inquires, but they slowly started being deleted from the last 2 year. now all of them (16) were put back at one time. 4 of them are from this year.

This happened to most everyone this week, including myself. As long as the inquiries are accurate, then I wouldn't worry about them.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GordonShumway wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I cannot believe over a year of hard work has been ruined. All of my credit cards are going to be closed and there is nothing I can do. Smiley Sad

My transunion report is a living nightmare. Apparently, I had a split file and it has been merged. My close to 700 score has been wiped out to nothing. It was my highest and now my lowest. When I pulled CCT this morning I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I double checked CK and it's true.  Even ALL bumped off inquires from the last year are back. At this point, I'm throwing in the towel. I'm going to work on just paying the crap and maybe in time this stuff will disappear. Forget DV's and PFD's.  It is a lot of old stuff I have forgotten about from 2004: repo, collections, yadda yadda. I am so sad, I don't know if I want to scream or cry. Thanks for letting me rant.....Should I go pay all my cards to zero to prepare or wait? 

Hey there,

Don't dispare. breath in breath out.

You've come a long way just to throuw in the towel. Take a day off, wash it off.

Look at what you wrote - old stuff from 2004. Check your calender, it's April 2010!!!

How much of this is past SOL, how long before it DOES full off permenatly?

This this this this this.  +1  There is still hope when it comes to all that out of SOL crap from 2004.    You know what to do.  God bless you and good luck in getting this crap off.

As for your mom, jbbb24,   Looks like identity theft is the same as violent crime and missing persons reports:  strangers doing you in will make the news, but family doing you in is so ordinary the media doesn't care.  I am so sorry your mom did you and your dad in.  I remember reading about a lady whose life was ruined because her mom took out credits in her name while she was a child and didn't pay the bills........... for stuff like christmas toys!  totally ridiculous.  Something for nothing theft masquerading as maternal love.   this is what happens when a lot of effort goes into NOT educating people about credit while bombarding them with credit cards from the skies. Thanks 1980s.

What has your mom said about her theft, and its effect on you?  or do you talk about it (or talk to one another anymore)?  I don't know what I'd do.  I'd probably waver between feeling sorry for my mom and wanting to commit capital murder against my mom if she pulled some crap like that on me.  It would be a long, long time before I could allow myself to be in the same room with my mom if she pulled that on me, I think.   Are you able to hold it together better in reality, than I would in a hypothetical?

PS.  I got 10 Transunion inquiries added back on this morning, dating back to October 2008 -- for a total of four from 2008, three from 2009; and three from this january, one of them a double from the same bank - thanks Capital One VENTURE.   The old 'inquiries don't hurt' et cetera et cetera is obviously bull crap. Also, it doesn't show on USAA's credit monitoring, it shows on my True Credit credit monitoring.    My vantagescore FAKOS dropped from 766 to 733.   FAKOS are meaningless, and vantagescore moreso.  But It sucks.  I'm only swallowing it personally because I paid off three cards this month which had high balances, and the new balances haven't reported yet.  Chase and Capital One's nonsense on cards I paid in full each month put me in a to hell with this mood.  So hopefully that'll take care of some of the sting.   That's my personal anecdote. That's not going to help people rebuilding, or in the middle of buying a house.  This really, really sucks for you all, and you have my complete and deepest sympathies and shared teeth grinding.  I, too, am waiting for the other other shoe to drop. Smiley Sad

I dropped Credit Check Total back in the beginning of this month April because it was redundant to pay for two services which were almost exactly the same, but USAA was substantially cheaper without having to go through 'call us back in 6 months to continue getting this great deal' games.  Last time this happened for me was 2009's Credit Karma fiasco.  According to GonnaGetEm and his spreadsheet, over at The Other Board, it's probably related to some updates Transunion did this weekend, particularly in regards to re-categorizing CCT credit monitoring pulls, and he gave proof.  Sounds good to me.    I don't know how that relates to split files being merged, but take heart jbb24 -- you are NOT alone in that either.    you were not the only one affected with the split files being merged this weekend, a couple other people have reported it as well.

Again, God bless and good luck to you.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Nonall. It was a difficult time for me during that time, especially when I got close to 18. My mom had taken my checkbook and wrote many many checks, which of course bounced. I had warrants out on me, and the only that saved me was that I was still a minor. Luckily my husband, dad, and grandpa all helped me with that. My mom spent sometime somewhere you can probably guess for other things. Anyway, the inquires don't really bother me that much. They will stop hurting here soon when they are a year old. I didn't file a police report because I didn't think it would do any good since my mom was in trouble anyway.

Message 17 of 19
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I cannot believe over a year of hard work has been ruined. All of my credit cards are going to be closed and there is nothing I can do. Smiley Sad

So, what's this thing about all your CC are going to be closed? "whishful thinking?Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, I didn't dispute these accounts....

sorry, my reply wasn't directed towards you.  it was an answer to startingover's comment about the re-insertion of deleted items.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.