cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credco hassles

tag
twinsaplenty

credco hassles

Hi everyone, great forum... started reading threads and looked up to see I had been on here for quite a while. Awesome info in these threads.

My issue is getting credco to act on the letters from our lenders. We are getting a new home and mortgage. We had a dispute with BOA over an error in our escrow that they settled easily in a couple calls and sent a letter stating "no late payments in the past 24 months" and we had a reporting error from SE Toyota that they solved in 1 call.

Both companies wrote letters to me that seemed bullet proof in explaining THEIR errors.

We sent both letters to Credco and now Credco wants the letter from BOA to speciifcally say that we weren't late on the 2 months reported (6/12 and 7/12)  and they want letterhead from "World Omni" instead of the subsidiary SE Toyota, even though the letter references the appropiate account number.

Is this a typical CA hassel? Should I go up the managment chain or go back to the drawing board with BOA and World Omni. We are hoping for a rapid rescore for our mortgage (closing in 45 days) ? 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: credco hassles

Are they trying to collect money on the above referenced plates or something?
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As I understand the post, the creditors referred a debt to a debt collector, and now admit that the referral was in error, and should not have been referrred for collection?

If so, then the creditor should directly contact their debt collector and inform then to delete the reported collection as having been in error.

I see no reason for you to be the middle man in that exchange.

Message 3 of 5
twinsaplenty

That's right Robert... we are just trying to get the errors cleared from our credit so we can get a rapid rescore (likely from 680 to 730+) for a mortgage. We are being the middle man to spped the process along.

I thought the hard part woud be getting the creditors to admit the mistake, turns out it's the credit reporting companies that are difficult.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can set a 30 day period requiring THEM to conduct their own investigation adn report the results directly to you by sending them a direct dispute, including the statements from the creditors as clear documentation that there are questions as to the legitimacy of the collection referral, and thus their reportng of a collection.

That puts the burnden clearly on them to conduct a reasonable investigation, not on you to do so.

In view of your documentation, they would, in my opinion, be compelled as part of any reasonable investigation to contact the OC and inquire as to the legitimacy of their statement that the collection was in error.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.