Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit acceptance corporation

tag
adio413
Regular Contributor

credit acceptance corporation

has anybody ever dealt with them? i have 3 30-day lates and 1 60-day late with them. i called yesterday and today explaining to them that i would like to get a mortgage and i asked them if they could please please remove the lates from my account. they told me that the account is closed and there's nothing they could do. the only thing they told me was to go to the customer section on their website and file a dispute.
i told them 'there's really nothing i want to dispute, this is just something of a goodwill move on your part that i'm hoping you'll do.'  again, all they could recommend was that i use the dispute form.
i even emailed the investment board twice in the past with no response. brett rodgers is the CEO  but he and his co-workers have no e-mails or phone numbers.
does anybody have any info and/or experience??????????

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
adio413
Regular Contributor

Re: credit acceptance corporation

i guess i'm the only one in america who buys used cars??? help your buddy out!!!!

pleaseHeart

Message 2 of 6
diabla
Regular Contributor

All I can tell you is that they're a nasty one!

How long ago was the account closed?  Maybe if you dispute with the CRA, they won't respond and it will be deleted?  Sometimes they'll do that if its an old account and if you don't owe money, they just won't "waste time" on you, lol.  But if you owe, they might have an alert to make sure they ding you every change they get, for life - or until its paid.

Message 3 of 6
adio413
Regular Contributor

@diabla wrote:

All I can tell you is that they're a nasty one!

How long ago was the account closed?  Maybe if you dispute with the CRA, they won't respond and it will be deleted?  Sometimes they'll do that if its an old account and if you don't owe money, they just won't "waste time" on you, lol.  But if you owe, they might have an alert to make sure they ding you every change they get, for life - or until its paid.

the account will be a year old next month, so it was probably closed sometime between december 2011 and february 2012.  they told me to do a dispute with them but i said, 'well theres not anything i realy want to dispute. i was hoping that you guys would just take the lates off as a gesture of goodwill'. they said that they just couldn't do it because the account was closed and kept telling me to do a dispute via their website.

i don't need it deleted though. i think that would do more harm than good............... unless somebody knows something i don't.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If their reporting is accurate, which appears to be the case, deletion of accurate reporting is clearly at their discretion.

The basis for their denial is apparently their standard policy not to delete accurate reporting.  That has substance as being in the interest of maintaining the accuracy of the credit reporting system, and is most likely passed down to their employees as standard policy.

Management sets policy, and thus is the one who can grant exceptions.  You most likely need to bend the ear of a management official who has authority to grant exceptions.

Message 5 of 6
adio413
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If their reporting is accurate, which appears to be the case, deletion of accurate reporting is clearly at their discretion.

The basis for their denial is apparently their standard policy not to delete accurate reporting.  That has substance as being in the interest of maintaining the accuracy of the credit reporting system, and is most likely passed down to their employees as standard policy.

Management sets policy, and thus is the one who can grant exceptions.  You most likely need to bend the ear of a management official who has authority to grant exceptions.

i wish i could but i can't find any contact info for the big wigs at credit acceptance.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.